Director, Editorial Programming
This was removed by the employer on 11/1/2022 2:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Editorial Programming jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, Editorial Programming postings
Full Time Job
Director, Editorial Programming (P Scripted)
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
The Content Strategy & Programming team manages the digital brand health of all Paramount programming and its content across the service. We connect various cross-functional teams including production, product, PR, distribution, social, creative and marketing teams to protect and project the essence of our programming across consumer touchpoints, in addition to partnering with third-party platforms and producers to enhance our digital products and services. Additionally the team works together with Content Management to onboard the programming, while working closely with all key partners in the scheduling and editorial merchandising of the content in service.
Role and Responsibilities:
Our team is looking for a Director, Scripted Programming that will lead all aspects of editorial curation, merchandising, planning and working with teams in support of Paramount for Scripted Original programming in the service! The candidate will work closely across internal Paramount teams to complete the role, including the Originals team, while working closely with Product on opportunities to improve discoverability and incorporate performance data and takeaways into the merchandising and editorial strategy. Additionally the role will engage with teams across Paramount globalâ€™s studios such as MTVE, CBS, Paramount and more. The role will report direct to the VP, Editorial Programming in will be instrumental in supporting high priority titles.
Include, But Are Not Limited To:
• Set go to market merchandising plans for original series in the service, working alongside Product Curation teams as well as the Originals Strategy team leads
• Oversee a Programming & Delivery calendar for all titles connected to Scripted Originals Series for P US, while working with the Programming team leaders to align on target premiere dates
• Manage the asset lifecycle of content discoverability and editorial for shows when titles are in season and beyond.
• Partner with key Product counterparts on content discoverability and improved opportunities within the service to evolve the content experience
• Pro-actively communicate performance and data trends with teams for brands content
• Coordinate merchandising and editorial priorities with comms, social strategy and marketing
• Partner with marketing on all Go To Market and Producer decks showcasing how P content comes to life within the service
• Obtain all necessary approvals and clearances to implement promotional and/or content plans
Additional Duties and Responsibilities, As Assigned Key Projects:
• Oversee Scripted Series programming and merchandising within the service
• Partner closely with the Originals Strategy team and Product to elevate awareness and discoverability of scripted titles.
• Maintain knowledge of the product roadmap evolution and communicate appropriately with Originals, Marketing, Development new opportunities or shifts in the product that teams need to be aware of
• Minimum 6 years in a strategic programming, planning or content role for streaming services, television, feature film or interactive media
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Proven success collaborating with cross-functional teams to manage complex projects across diverse groups or organizations
• Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills with strong attention to detail
• A self-starter, entrepreneurial demeanor who can balance multiple tasks with limited support staff
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, particularly with senior executives and external partners
• Strong leadership skills and experience collaborating with teams
• Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
• Subscription VOD service experience
• Ability to easily interact and interact with television production personnel
• Diverse experience and skills across creative, project management, product and data/metrics
• Experience using Asana, Jira, project management tools
• Comfort managing various projects at once in a fast paced environment