Director, Controllership Programming Center Of Expertise - TV Media
ParamountStudio City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 9:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Director, Controllership Programming Center Of Expertise - TV Media jobs in Studio City-CA
Search all Director, Controllership Programming Center Of Expertise - TV Media postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Director, Controllership Programming, will be responsible for the Center of Expertise financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets, liabilities, and expenses across the TV Media Segment. This role will report to CBS Studios and CBS Entertainment VP, Controller.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a constantly evolving international industry and a leading, global mass media company!
• Manage team of professional staff under a hybrid working model
• Lead a team who is responsible for the financial integrity of content-related commitments, assets, liabilities as well as tracking cost of content across various networks under TV Media.
• Provide cross-functional guidance and support to Viacom Networks content finance teams as well as the Content Finance Center of Expertise.
• Own the development of content accounting policies, transform existing processes, field policy interpretation inquiries, and ensure compliance with policy.
• Drive process improvements and support with exciting accounting transformation projects to achieve scalability and efficiency across processes and workflows as well as understand end-to-end process.
• Oversight of functional programming related activities performed by the RTR team, which includes changes in useful lives to ensure consistency with approved genre curves.
• Review monthly and quarterly consolidation schedules and ensure adherence with established deadlines.
• Review of amortization change requests and updated ultimate analysis as needed (provided by FP&A team).
• Review of programming assets, acquired programming assets and liabilities schedules
• Review of acquired programming assets
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 8 years relevant work history and experience supervising in a financial reporting role
• Entertainment & media experience
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts, and processes
• Ability to deliver against goals and deadlines
• Ability to positively contribute to the hiring, development, and culture of the team, including an intentional approach in ensuring that diversity, equity, and inclusion are upheld in ways of working and in all decisions
• Plus: Big Four experience, SAP S-4/Hana a strong plus