Director, Audience Acquistion
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the Audience Acquisition team, part of the Paramount Digital Marketing Advertising and Operations Solutions (MACS) team. We serve as an internal data-driven media planning, activation, and strategy team available to all groups within the company. We work closely with the digital teams at Paramount Global providing high level, focused strategy and support for initiatives across the company portfolio, including but not limited to Streaming Services (PlutoTV, Paramount , Showtime), Brand Tune In Initiatives, Marketing Strategy & Corporate Communications, and Distribution & Business Development. MACS also acts as a centralized hub for all matters relating to data and technology within the digital media ecosystem.
We are looking for a Director of Paid Media to join the MACS (Marketing Acquisition and Campaign Solutions) team. This role will work with the VP, Marketing and other Senior leadership to understand the paid digital media campaigns across upper-funnel awareness and subscription goals to put together a story of results, and present findings to both internal MACS team and other departments.
This candidate will be able to combine media and analytics to tell a story. They will have had prior experience in paid media advertising, buying and optimization across multiple media channels, analyzing campaign insights and account management. They will have experience in media planning, buying digital media, analyzing media to drive insights and understand how to explain campaign insights and trends collaborators. They will show a strong work ethos and strive to continually learn and grow their digital marketing skills. This will be a fun and fast paced role. Join the team!
• Partner with internal Analytics and Marketing teams to analyze paid media campaigns across upper and lower funnel tactics, surfacing insights and findings to apply for optimizations or during wrap-ups
• Contribute to the education and understanding of how paid digital media contributes to key business objectives by surfacing insights across tactics, audiences and creatives
• Build and distribute a library of media and creative insights based on learnings gleaned from the execution of media campaigns
• Lead and coordinate campaign analysis and optimizations intra-flight and wrap-up reporting, based on goals and benchmarks
• Implement special projects as needed
• Comfortable communicating across teams and levels
• Able to come up with creative approaches to meet business needs, assessing opportunities for testing to find incremental audience growth
• Contributes to ideas and solutions to meet business objectives
• Attend team meetings and department calls
• Monitor activities of competitors and provide industry trends and findings
• Implement special projects as needed
• Bachelor's degree or Technical degree in Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, etc
• 7 years of paid digital advertising and marketing experience, preferably with experience in running paid acquisition campaigns across paid search, paid social, programmatic or display
• Understanding of SQL, Python and/or R
• Agency account or client experience a plus
• Organized and comfortable using team collaborative software like Basecamp or Asana
• Account management experience - ability to communicate across teams and effectively move projects forward.
• Experience with web analytics (e.g. Adobe, Google Analytics, etc)
• Strong at putting together visual presentations using Google Presentations, PowerPoint or Keynote
• Strong data analysis skills using Excel, Tableau, Datastudio; immediate to advanced experience building dashboards and other visualizations; extracting data from various data sources to build dashboards and visualizations
• Experience using any of the following advertising management tools such as: Google Marketing Platforms (SA360, CM360, etc), Google AdWords Editor, Bing Ads Editor, Acquisio, Kenshoo, Marin Software, Quantic Minds, SA360 (DoubleClick Search), Wordstream, MOJO SEM (by Mediaplex), Webtrends, Doubleclick Campaign Manager (DCM or CM)
• Understanding of common marketing key performance indicator metrics (KPIs such as e.g. CPM, CPA, etc), their calculation and how the metrics pertain to the success of marketing activities and as related to benchmarks (e.g. avg view rate for videos, etc)
• Excels in a dynamic, data-driven, metrics oriented environment
• Self-motivated and able to work with regular check-ins and supervision from department leaders or teammates to communicate back progress and updates
• Strong work ethic, proactive in communication and work delivery
• Attention to detail to minimize errors
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint, Google drive, Google documents
Hiring Salary Range: $140,000.00 - 165,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.