Desktop Support Representative
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Technical Support Representative will provide level 2 technical support to our end-users, in our corporate headquarters in New York City. This technology professional will be responsible for all desktop-related items including the deployment of new laptops as well as proactive maintenance, troubleshooting, and tracking/documentation of technical issues. The support will be mostly onsite, but some remote support is also required. The technology professional also participates in desktop-related projects and product deployments, along with working closely with Level 3 & other Tech teams.
• Complete the primary job function within the Client Tech umbrella including, but not limited to, configuring new laptops, working on support tickets, trouble-shooting technical issues, working on project teams to deliver new products/applications to our end users, etc.
• Ability to solve issues across multiple business units
• Images machines and has the ability to determine specific userâ€™s needs based on job role
• Work closely with L1 teams (i.e. Service Desk), other Desktop Teams, and all Paramount Tech personnel to provide quality technical support to our end users
• Effectively communicate technical subject matter to end users & other employees in an easily understood manner
• Organize, prioritize, and solve multiple issues simultaneously in a timely and efficient manner
• Thoroughly documents technical issues and their resolutions
• Provides proper follow up to customers after the resolution has been implemented
• Configures, installs, and deploys hardware for new hires
• Ensure technology assets are maintained in our system of record
• Provides support to users after hours when necessary
• Escalates incidents/requests when needed to senior technicians or proper L3 groups
• Use ServiceNow platform to log all appropriate incidents & requests
• Provide occasional on and off-site support as needed
• Possesses general knowledge in both Desktop hardware and software (Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook/Office 365OneDrive, and Office for Mac , general understanding of video conferencing setup and troubleshooting (i.e. Cisco, Zoom))
• General understanding and ability to support/troubleshoot hardware and software.
• Clear and consistent in communicating with users, team, and manager
Ex: Highlight preferred technical skills, professional qualities, additional knowledge, and experiences.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field or 1-3 years of experience in a technical support role.
• Technical certifications are a plus
• Ability to support mobile devices
• Basic understanding of network infrastructure
• Ability to take guidance on a project and needing little direction on execution
• The job requires lifting boxes and tech equipment at times
Can independently handle most routine and non-routine inquiries and issues regarding end user technology
• Ability to think analytically to break down problems and determine a quick resolution
Job requires being mostly onsite at our 1515 Broadway headquarters, but some remote work will apply
• Ability to perform some travel
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.