Design Program Manager
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world's biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming's other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
We are the PMO for Paramount at ViacomCBS Streaming, that boasts unparalleled insight into transforming Agile Teams at Scale. Our program managers, release managers, project managers and scrum masters bring passion to iterative delivery and process while keeping our eyes on the goal and motivating one another to do the same!
The Paramount product design team is looking for a Design Program Manager who will support various operational aspects of the product teams, enabling teams to focus their time on designing, building and shipping products.
The ideal candidate:
• Helps unblock progress by connecting people and identifying problems and proactively solving them.
• Will focus effort on identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, coordinating schedules, timing and other operating matters.
• Is familiar with Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence, including the use of Kanban and Scrum boards.
• Is familiar with Agile and SAFe frameworks, and can run daily stand ups, groomings, plannings and other relevant Agile ceremonies
• Is comfortable working at both a tactical and strategic level; frequently engaging with individual designers to unblock progress, as well as design management to surface issues around process, communication and work quality.
• Partners with Scrum Masters, Program Managers, Product Owners, and engineering to ensure successful delivery against roadmap goals and quarterly PI commitments.
• Will find efficiencies by connecting similar workstreams, streamlining communications, identifying and mitigating risk, articulating standards for tools and processes, aligning schedules and ensuring the team has the people and resources it needs.
• Has an appreciation for design practice and process, so they can appropriately advocate for design when other members of the team aren't there.
• Be a peer to multiple team leads, supporting them and their teams in their work, while contributing perspectives to design leadership on resourcing and team growth.
• Does not take process for granted, instead questions the relevance of existing practices and actively experiments to arrive at a streamlined set of practices that minimizes interruption of the design process, while optimizing for clarity and communication.
• Encourages designers' ownership over their areas of responsibility, and does not succumb to babysitting.
• Leads and participates in practices that promote a healthy team culture.
• Handles logistics of relationships with external parties, such as contractors or vendors.
• Works best in an empowered environment where he/she leads through the quality of their work.
• Asks for forgiveness, not permission.
This role dual reports to the Director of Technical Project Management and Directors of Product Design, and takes part in regular design leadership conversations regarding the development and direction of the team.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Scrum Master certification with deep understanding all things Agile (Scrum, Kanban and other methodologies)
• Expert Admin JIRA user
• 3 years multi-project management experience in a fast-paced, deadline driven, technical (SDLC) environment.
• Extensive experience roadmapping, planning, gantt as well as fostering iterative processes and feedback milestones in the SDLC
• Proficiency in tools: Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, Slack
• A proactive, efficient, and resourceful communicator with the ability to thrive in a creative and deadline-driven environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
You might also have â€''
• SAFe Agilist certification in addition to ScrumMaster
• Experience with Content Management Systems, Subscription or Membership sites, Publishing Systems, Digital Media sites development, video
• Knowledge of responsive design experience on Mobile, Desktop and Large TV screens