Counsel, Global Corporate Transactions
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/3/2023 12:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Counsel, Global Corporate Transactions jobs in New York-NY
Search all Counsel, Global Corporate Transactions postings
Full Time Job
Counsel, Global Corporate Transactions (M&A)
Overview and Responsibilities:
The Counsel, Global Corporate Transactions (M&A) will be an integral part of the Corporate Transactions team! The candidate will work and advise on domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, investments and similar transactions, as well as handling other general corporate and departmental matters. The position will report to Paramount Globalâ€™s Vice President, Senior Counsel, Corporate Transactions and will be based in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating transactional documents, such as stock and asset purchase/sale agreements, merger or de-merger agreements, joint venture agreements, partnership/LLC/shareholder agreements, investment agreements, framework agreements, inter-company agreements, confidentiality agreements, transition services agreements, side letters, engagement letters, letters of intent, bid letters and term sheets;
• Working closely and coordinating with Paramount's corporate development team, tax and accounting teams, divisional business teams and specialist lawyers in connection with the review, analysis, implementation and execution of potential transactions;
• Managing and coordinating due diligence reviews and preparation of related memoranda;
• Managing outside legal advisors on transactional and related regulatory matters;
• Advising on a broad range of business and legal affairs matters;
• Contributing to the various internal knowledge management initiatives, including a precedent document database, template agreements, presentations, and training initiatives.
• JD from an accredited law school;
• New York or California Bar membership in good standing or willingness and qualifications to become Registered In-House Counsel in New York or California promptly;
• Minimum of 5 years of equivalent experience in the M&A practice at a major law firm and/or a significant corporate legal department. In-house experience is a plus.
• Superb negotiating, drafting, transaction structuring and analytical skills;
• Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and client relations skills;
• Fluid understanding of M&A case law, securities laws, antitrust and regulatory considerations, and other statutory laws and regulations.
• Ability to negotiate with third parties independently, while seeking supervision and guidance when necessary;
• Experience in working autonomously, and coordinating a working group team;
• Ability to work efficiently and simultaneously on multiple matters in a demanding, fast-paced environment;
• Ability to work in a team, communicating effectively with others, both verbally and in writing and to provide practical yet creative advice;
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
• Experience in working across domestic and international jurisdictions;
• High ethical standards and trustworthiness with confidential matters;
• Ability, confidence and desire to lead deal teams in a collaborative way;
• Travel as needed.
Hiring Salary Range: $180,000.00 - 200,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.