Corporate Paralegal, Business & Legal Affairs
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 8/18/2022 3:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Corporate Paralegal, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Corporate Paralegal, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Paralegal to join our corporate legal team! The Paralegal will provide a broad range of paralegal support for domestic and international corporate housekeeping, subsidiary management, mergers and acquisitionsâ€™ transactions, and other corporate matters.
• Draft corporate documentation, including board and stockholder resolutions, certificates, etc. for incorporations, dissolutions, name changes, qualifications, withdrawals and state merger documents in various U.S. and foreign jurisdictions (in the case of foreign jurisdictions, liaising with local counsel as necessary) and related state/governmental filings
• Help maintain current and historical corporate information electronically in Diligent Entities database and iManage (document management system)
• Prepare documentation for U.S. and international treasury-driven initiatives, including restructurings, capital contributions, dividends, financings, etc.
• Prepare step plans for transactions and liaise with Paramount Global legal, tax, treasury and accounting teams, and outside counsel in various jurisdictions
• Prepare organizational charts for all Paramount Global divisions, powers of attorney, consents, agreements, certificates, delegations of authority, etc.
• Additional responsibilities will include other general legal department assignments.
• At least 4 years of equivalent paralegal experience at a major law firm or corporation.
• Paralegal certificate preferred.
• Computer proficiency, including Word, Excel, Visio, Diligent Entities, iManage and capable to learn new software applications quickly
• Experience drafting corporate documentation.
• Experience with M&A transactions.
• Excellent judgment.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in multi-tasking, prioritizing workload, and handling competing priorities.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to take initiative, problem solve and efficiently work in a team environment.