Copy Editor, Events & Tentpoles
Full Time Job
Paramount , a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the worldâ€™s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streamingâ€™s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount Network Streaming is seeking a full-time Copy Editor to work on the website and app copy for events and tentpoles across Viacom legacy brands. This includes editing copy for performances, speeches, high-profile moments, photo galleries, app-specific initiatives, sponsorships and more. The copy editor must be passionate about style guides, consistency and taxonomy systems; possess great communication skills; and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working collaboratively with different teams in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment. This job requires a flexible schedule, as some late nights and weekends are required.
• Adhere to the in-house style guide and stays abreast of changes to mainstream style
• Edit archived copy as needed
• Ensure brand voice is adhered to across sites and apps
• Fact-check and perform light research to ensure accuracy of information presented
• Edit a variety of copy and metadata across websites and apps
• Provide timely feedback to copywriters and keep track of revisions
• Have the ability to communicate feedback not only to writers, but explain style and grammar rules to non-writers
• Ensure that copy is engaging, accurate and optimized for SEO
• 3 years of experience editing, writing and copy editing
• Experience editing/writing online content is key
• Proven ability to learn and enforce in-house style
• Proven ability to work independently and juggle daily, medium and long-range deadlines
• Self-managing and able to function effectively within a team
• Proven ability to edit efficiently while under daily deadline pressure
• Proven ability to solve problems and work independently
• Passion for Paramount programming is a plus!