Coordinator, Media Distribution
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Media Distribution (Hybrid)
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Paramount Tech is hiring a Coordinator, Media Distribution
The Media Distribution Coordinator will be tasked with content management duties ranging from metadata generation and validation, curation of materials, transcoding and distribution. This position will report into the Managers of Media Distribution and will assist with everyday duties required to support OTT platforms and apps efficiently and effectively.
• Responsible for the generation, quality control /validation of XML metadata included with on demand deliverables ensuring accuracy and integrity.
• Work closely with other team members to ensure timely processing and distribution of scheduled content to both internal and external partners.
• Assist Managers of Media Distribution with daily, weekly, and monthly objectives that support company wide content initiatives.
• Assist in the execution of specific tactics within Showtime O&O services.
• Assist in the execution of marketing tactics across VOD and OTT platforms.
• Assist in the execution of interstitial / promotional tactics across VOD and OTT platforms.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues and communicate/escalate them to appropriate team members when necessary.
• Minimum 1-2 yearsâ€™ experience in the VOD/OTT space, having dealt with content management/processing and quality assurance.
• Knowledge of video/audio/caption specifications/formats and specs.
• Strong multitasking and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
• College Degree Required (Ideally in the television/broadcasting and or communication field)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Familiarity with navigating different devices and platforms such as Roku, Apple TVâ€™s, Fire sticks, Xbox, iOS, Android, web and mobile.
• Knowledge of content ingestion/transcoding.
• Ability to identify any issues such as, but not limited to, video hits, out of sync audio, missing elements, caption delays/drifting.