Business & Legal Affairs Fellowship Program
ParamountNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/22/2023 2:35:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Business & Legal Affairs Fellowship Program jobs in New York-NY
Search all Business & Legal Affairs Fellowship Program postings
Full Time Job
Business & Legal Affairs Fellowship Program (July 2023 Start)
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, April 21, 2023 at 11:59pm ET
Are you intrigued by the ever-evolving business side of the entertainment industry? Are you a go-to legal expert by day and a reality TV binger by night? If these questions spark your interest â€'' read on!
We are seeking law school graduates with 2-3 years of work experience to join one of our Business and Legal Affairs teams in an exciting rotational role with direct exposure to some of the top entertainment lawyers in the industry! The contracts you help negotiate and deals you work on will shape and influence our content. If playing a vital role working on important legal matters in an upbeat and vibrant industry sounds appealing, then the Paramount BALA Fellowship could be the perfect next step for your career.
• Partner day-to-day with our in-house lawyers to provide practical, strategic advice and legal counsel to business clients regarding risk management and legal implications of proposed business opportunities and actions.
• Handle a heavy volume of development and production responsibilities (e.g. drafting agreements) across various platforms, relating to both network and studio businesses and the production of original programming both in-house and through third party production companies.
• Work with our in-house lawyers to advise on a wide range of issues in the broadcast and digital realms, including copyright, trademarks, defamation, privacy, and right of publicity.
• Review scripts, episodes, and other related materials to identify legal issues.
• Investigate and respond to production-related claims.
• Cultivate relationships and maintain channels of communication with key internal BALA partners in areas including rights and clearances, music strategy, risk management, trademarks, unions and guilds, and litigation.
• Full time staff position for two years, which includes competitive annual salary and benefits.
• Two 12-month rotations to aid in a full understanding of entertainment law.
• Professional development opportunities, formal mentorship, training sessions, and networking across the organization.
• Applicants must be barred in NY or be qualified to apply for registered-in-house counsel in NY.
• Must have 2-3 years of legal experience, post law school (this does not include internships).
• Proper work authorization to be employed within the United States for the full length of the program (July 2023-July 2025).
• Passionate about working in media & entertainment.
• Embodies Paramountâ€™s company values: Optimism & Determination, Inclusivity & Collaboration, and Agility & Adaptability.
• Experience working within the industry is a plus.
• Excellent drafting and negotiation skills. Heavy drafting will be required for this role.
• Interest and knowledge in digital, tech, or new platforms a plus.
• Strong communication skills â€'' both written and verbal.
• Results-oriented with ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to achieve desired results and operate independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to build positive client relationships at all levels of the business and advise clients in an ever-evolving corporate environment.
Hiring Salary Range: $130,000. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.