Broadcast Media Encoder
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2022 2:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Broadcast Media Encoder jobs in Hauppauge-NY
Search all Broadcast Media Encoder postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Broadcast Media Encoding Specialist is responsible for ensuring all scheduled linear broadcast content is ready for playout at airtime for our on-prem and cloud-based systems. A key function of this position is live event and late arriving feed recording and processing for Master File Creation, Quality Control, Ingestion and Archiving content for Paramount properties. These files are used for Global Linear Broadcast Air, Streaming Platforms, VOD/DTO, and delivery to our Digital Business Media Partners.
The Broadcast Media Encoding Specialist will handle mediator workflow, both on Prem and Cloud based. This candidate will assemble and build High Resolution Master Files on Colorfront or Venice incoming feeds or live events for quick turnaround on Linear Broadcast and distribution to supporting platforms or other needs. They will also gather and process feeds on the Evertz Deferred Recording System for Quick Turn Around Cloud based playout or Syndication purposes. This specialist will ensure files are being created and checked following the requirements as outlined per the Paramount file delivery specifications.
• Perform Full QC of files being created and processed for Linear Broadcast before air and submission to our VMS or Pipeline workflows.
• Assess and Identify Required Technical Video and Audio Attributes for the purpose of entering and ingesting content into VMS (Paramountâ€™s MAM/Content Archive) using the proprietary Digital Master Ingest (DMI) workflow or the SDVI Gateway (Showtime Pipeline Workflow).
• Ensure all Digital Master Ingests (DMI) of master submission files complete optimally in VMS or reach the SDVI Cloud Gateway and are completed (Showtime Pipeline Process).
• Be able to perform basic editing and rendering in Premiere such as splicing together video and audio clips, and adding bleeps or drops to audio tracks!
• Ability to determine accurate presence of closed captioning within files and edit side car scc caption files using Mac Captions or Captionmaker.
• Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to stay calm and maintain effectiveness when faced with stress and deadlines.
• Ability to follow careful guidelines, SOPâ€™s and work independently.
• Provide excellent customer service and communications while participating in or leading live event or feed production conference bridges.
• Escalation of issues to proper support/tech teams and management.
• Ensure all linear broadcast scheduled content is accounted for and ready for air on Trident or in the Evertz Cloud Playout Servers (ORTâ€™s).
• Address Missing Media and Quality Issues and coordinate with On-Air-Ops any discrepancies before air.
• Previous work experience with capturing feeds and encoding of digital content.
• Ability to recognize and diagnose video and audio issues.
• Ability to measure quality of video and audio on waveform monitor/vector scopes.
• Strong knowledge and everyday use with VMS/Alias, PTS and S3 SHO PIPELINE workflows.
• Experience with any of the following software/hardware systems:
• Rhode & Schwartz Venice Ingest & QC Server
• Colorfront Transcoder/Player
• Evertz Mediator Systems
• Telestream Switch and Quicktime tools
• AWS Media workflows
• Knowledge of File Codecs and Various File Types.
• Knowledge of various supporting side car files for global integration and customization purposes (wavs, stl, caption files and pro tools).
• Strong understanding of digital workflows and interdependency of downstream transcoding workflows and deliverables.
• Familiarity with Signiant and Aspera Delivery Systems.
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere.
• Strong ability to multi-task, shift priorities and meet deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communications.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Work a flexible schedule â€'' which may include evenings and weekends as needed.
• Ability to work on location at the Network OPS and Cloud Control Centers.
Hiring Salary Range: $60,000.00 - 70,00.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.