Associate Counsel, Global Content Distribution
ParamountLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/14/2023 10:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Associate Counsel, Global Content Distribution jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Counsel, Global Content Distribution postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities:
We're seeking an Associate Counsel to provide legal support to sales/business development executives, contract administration, finance, operations and marketing groups of our Paramount Global Content Distribution division.
include but are not limited to:
• Perform business and legal affairs functions in connection with Paramountâ€™s worldwide television and digital distribution of motion pictures and episodic content, with a focus on pay TV, basic TV, free TV, SVOD and AVOD/FVOD.
• Handle all aspects of licensing matters, including advising on deal structure and strategy, drafting documents, negotiating all phases of transactions from term sheet to definitive agreement, and consulting on the management and administration of active agreements.
• Assist with matters relating to licensing and distribution, including acquisitions, litigation, content protection, MPA initiatives and rights conflict analysis.
• Collaborate with, provide advice to and synthesize feedback from commercial, finance, operations and marketing executives.
• Provide ancillary business and legal affairs support to other groups and divisions.
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned and directed by senior members of the Legal & Business Affairs team
• Juris Doctor degree
• California Bar Admission
• 3 years of experience at a major law firm and/or media company
• Strong analytical, writing and organization skills
• Strong interpersonal, communication and consultative skills
• Great teammate and collaborator who has experience working closely as a team
• Knowledge of distribution, licensing, intellectual property, technology, marketing and/or data protection/privacy law a plus
• Ability to multi-task and manage a high-volume workload effectively
• Ability to work proactively, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions
• Ability to think â€œoutside the boxâ€ on matters requiring creative alternatives and solutions
• Ability to strategically navigate negotiating an agreement
• Adaptable to changes
Hiring Salary Range: $130,000 - $155,000
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.