Art Director, Apparel / Accessories / Home Design
ParamountNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
The Art Director Softlines/ Apparel & Accessories, Home, should have extensive, hands-on experience working in these respective markets. As well as, developing a line from design concept to finished product. They should also have a broad understanding of costing, sales and market needs. We are looking for someone with a passion to drive growth and innovation, that will improve and extend each brand. They will lead the design team from concept designs to finished products, achieving overall product brand strategy while maintaining the integrity of the Paramount brands. We want the Art Director to be self-motivated, creative, detailed, and organized. Experience with traditional retail, ecommerce and Amazon markets is vital.
The Art Director will report to the VP, Design, Softlines/ Apparel & Accessories, Home, Paramount, Global Creative Group.
• Lead the product development design team, coordinating direction and aesthetic for each IP and each category
• Create trend presentations and build systems to easily share info with internal teams and partners
• Assist and direct Softlines/ Apparel & Accessories, Home product lines by implementing current trends and market needs
• Direct designers on research, inspiration, and reference; and review all design work to ensure all goals and deadlines are met
• Lead the creative product approval process on all domestic licensed products and collaborations by determining if product and graphic materials are aesthetically and conceptually appropriate for the property brand strategy
• Stay up to date on all fashion and art trends, graphic styles, techniques, and technologies as it applies to Softlines/ Apparel & Accessories, Home
• Research global and domestic competitive markets to identify new trends
• Extensive knowledge of each retailerâ€™s aesthetic from mass to specialty, including all demos
• Maintain positive relationships with internal and external teams and promote team building
• Provide creative direction and guidance to domestic license partners and maintain strong internal and external partnerships
• Direct the development of domestic mood boards, exploratory and/or pitch work for presentations
• Strive to find new innovative design styles that improve and extend the life of all Paramount properties
• Evaluate designersâ€™ systems, processes, and workloads, giving recommendations for improvements
• Create and manage CADâ€™s and lifestyle photo-real mock-ups
• 10 years of experience in the fashion industry with design/product development experience, from concept development to final product
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree in Art or Design
• Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office
• Experience researching online trends and social media
• Experience leading and encouraging a design team
• Strong leadership capabilities and the ability to set clear objectives, provide feedback, and improve skill development
• Hands-on professional experience and an attention to details
• High levels of organization, creativity, and enthusiasm!
• Strong creative abilities in fashion and graphic design, including repeat and pattern development
• Excellent flat and illustration sketching skills (photo real mock ups)
• Ability to prioritize, be flexible, and work under pressure in a fast paced environment!
• Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills