SVP, Production Finance
Paramount TelevisionHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Vice President is responsible for the supervision of production accountants assigned to Paramount Television. Responsibilities include:
• Estimate production costs of potential Paramount Television productions.
• Review budgets prepared by production accountants.
• Manage financial aspects of co-productions, including forecasting, reporting and billing/collecting from or paying partners depending on which party is the producing entity.
• Forecast cash needs of Paramount Television productions and term deal and development activities.
• Work with Viacom Treasury to open, maintain and close production bank accounts.
• Implement and enforce Viacom/Paramount policies and procedures.
• Prepare daily hot cost and weekly estimate-to-complete cost reports and review with senior management.
• Understand guild rules and ensure production practices and recording of payrolls are in compliance.
• Maintain an effective relationship with third-party payroll services
• Prepare forecasts of production and development activities for monthly, quarterly and annual corporate business planning process.
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of worldwide production incentives.
• Prepare, track, assist in statutory audits of and collect production incentive applications
• Assist guild auditors in their review of wrapped TV projects
• Participate in weekly staff production meetings
• Contribute to preparation of weekly production status report for submission to senior management
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or equivalent field
• Minimum 10 years’ experience of production finance management.
• Prior experience in television production.
• Prior extensive experience as production accountant
• Knowledge of the workflow and procedures involved in TV production
• Thorough knowledge of collective bargaining agreements
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to prepare, analyze, interpret and present financial information to senior management
• Excellent organizational and management skills
• Evidence of success in dealing with all levels of Company personnel, production talent and other outside stakeholders.