Coordinator, TV Business Affairs
Paramount TelevisionHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The Coordinator will provide support to the senior executives in the Business Affairs Department.
• Serves as liaison between Production, Development, Business Affairs and Finance
• Drafts and prepares Deal Memos, presentations and other widely distributed documents
• Creates and maintains Status Report for all projects in development
• Manages calendar and schedules/coordinates daily meetings and appointments
• Arranges complex travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings, and accompanies supervisor when requested
• Answers and screens a high volume of phone calls and email, taking action when appropriate and following up
• Processes development invoices from above-the-line rep sources on all development deals negotiated by Business Affairs for Paramount TV.
• Confirms step delivery for all these invoiced elements with PTV Creative on all projects currently in development.
• Coordinates requests and track the development payment process, working closely with Contracts Administration and the legal department.
• Tracks the outflow of all development monies related to all above-the-line BA deals. In additional, he tracks all Rights/Option data (expiration/extension dates) as well as all Rights/Option payments for PTV.
• Tracks and charts the deal negotiation process (i.e. tracking incoming/outgoing agreement versions, deal “closed dates”, and final agreement distribution) for all deals in negotiation with the Business Affairs executives working underneath the EVP Business Affairs & Strategy.
• Creates and maintains databases and spreadsheet files
• 2 years related experience
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet software
• Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices, and procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree and JD preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with staff, other administrators, internal and external customers and senior management
• Organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple high priorities