Vice President / Senior Vice President Business Affairs
Paramount PicturesHollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Vice President / Senior Vice President Business Affairs jobs in Hollywood-CA
Search all Vice President / Senior Vice President Business Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President / Senior Vice President Business Affairs? Paramount Studios is seeking it's next VP/SVP (depending on experience), Business Affairs! The Business Affairs Executive will lead all business affairs efforts for Paramount's Television division (''Jack Ryan,'' ''Defending Jacob,'' ''The Haunting,'' as well as upcoming series like ''The Offer'' about the making of ''The Godfather.'') This will include negotiating, structuring and drafting various types of deals and agreements typical in the television industry.
• Negotiate and draft (or review drafting by legal affairs executives) a variety of above-the-line agreements for the television business, including agreements for option/purchase of underlying rights or scripts, writers, actors, producers, directors, production services companies, and consultants
• Work on license and/or co-production agreement term sheets with all types of networks/platforms and partner studios, including for streaming, premium cable, basic cable, and broadcast platforms.
• Handle guild-related matters.
• Draft and distribute memos summarizing talent approvals, consultations and rights for television productions
• Advise and collaborate with production, accounting, finance, labor and employment, marketing, promotions, consumer products, insurance, tax, distribution, trademark, and clearance teams on television related matters.
• Supervise credits process for television projects to ensure compliance with studio precedent, contract and guild requirements.
• Review scripts and programming for clearances and potential legal risks
• Give advice and prepare documentation with respect to related trademark, copyright, corporate, antitrust, tax and labor matters in coordination with other Paramount departments and legal counsel
• Provide counsel to senior executives regarding issues relating to the international television projects.
• Maintain awareness and understanding of the latest development in the law and technology as they relate to the development, production and distribution content
• Member in good standing of California Bar and JD from accredited law school
• 6 years of experience in a television, motion picture studio, production company, network or entertainment law firm. 3 years of television industry experience .
• Drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple priorities and work under deadline.
• Transactional experience. Experience drafting and negotiating animation, live action, television, and/or other entertainment contracts a plus.
• Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all levels. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.