Vice President, Production Finance - Paramount Pictures
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studioâ€™s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramountâ€™s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Picturesâ€™ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount .
Overview and Responsibilities:
• Supervise free-lance production accountants assigned.
• Detailed understanding of the budgeting process
• Preparation of feature film budgets
• Manage co-productions
• Track co-financing
• Cash forecasting
• Enforce policy and procedures
• Weekly cost reports
• Daily hot costs
• Understand all guild payrolls
• Liaise with outside third party payroll services
• Provide co-fi partners with required reporting and forecasts
• Participate in preparation of annual production spend forecast
• Detailed knowledge and understand of both domestic and international tax credits and incentives
• Prepare and track incentive applications
• Liaise with 3rd party auditors to facilitate tax credit filings
• Attend and participate in weekly staff production meetings
• Contribute to preparation of weekly production status report for submission to senior management
• Bachelor's degree in Finance
• At least 10 years of experience in finance with prior production accounting experience
Knowledge of the workflow and procedures involved in film production.
Detailed knowledge of collective bargaining agreements is required to ensure the accuracy of payments made to production personnel
Ability to analyze and interpret financial information and to prepare reports in a meaningful format for presentation to senior management
Excellent organizational and management skills
Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and diplomatic manner with all levels of Company personnel and outside contacts!