Vice President, Post Production-Animation
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
Are you interested in leading all aspects of Post Production projects for Paramount Pictures Animation? Then we are looking for you! The Vice President, Post Production is responsible for leading all aspects of post-production for the Animation Film Division. We will have you working closely with the production staffs and production department heads to ensure that films are produced at the highest quality given the constraints of the budget. This position will work closely with Business Affairs, Creative Executives, Production Finance, Labor, and Production Facilities!
to include, but not limited to:
• Work closely with the physical production, film executives, producers and key department heads to ensure that films are produced at the highest quality given the constraints of the budget
• Work closely with Business Affairs, Creative Executives, Production Finance, Labor, and Production Facilities
• Lead all aspects of post-production of an assigned project in development, pre-production and production stages
• Arranges scheduling of Dub Stage, Foley, ADR stage and crew, oversees engineering support, and manages session, sales and billing details
• Negotiates deals for Dub Stage, ADR, Foley, Editorial Facilities, Avid and ProTools systems rentals
• Analyzes, builds and distributes weekly report summarizing editorial occupancy, Avid and ProTools systems rentals
• Coordinate and approve POs for post production related costs
• Arranges new third party client accounts, and acts as liaison for new clients working with Post Production Services
• Responsible for scheduling and budgeting digital intermediate delivery
• Overall 10-15 years' experience at a studio or production company or as a feature film Post production Supervisor with roles of growing responsibility
• Knowledge of film and digital production, distribution, duplication and shipping
• Understanding of post production and distribution facility operations
• Knowledge of personal computers and personal computer software systems, including Microsoft Office and FileMakerPro.
• Good oral and written communications skills. Gets along with both technical and creative personalities.
• Able to balance multiple priorities at the same time
• Experience in budgeting and estimating costs for various methods of post production finishing
• Experience working both in the field and in a corporate environment
• Thrives in a fast-paced, fast-growing, collaborative environment and able to work long hours, weekends and holidays to meet livery deadlines
• Established knowledge of Film community including but not limited to picture editors, sound editors and music editors, post supervisors, DI colorists and post production vendors.