Vice President, Legal Marketing
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/10/2020 12:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Vice President, Legal Marketing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President, Legal Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Vice President, Legal Marketing? Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
Overview and Responsibilities
Love variety in your day-to-day and passionate about entertainment? Then we may have the perfect legal opportunity for you! This Paramount position is responsible for providing legal services and counsel to the worldwide marketing operations of all of the studio’s divisions, including theatrical, television production, home media, and television licensing.
• Draft and negotiate complex or novel deals independently for a wide range of marketing agreements, including: agreements for creative content productions, contests/sweepstakes, interactive and digital services, live events, media buying, virtual reality, publicity and awards consultants, artwork commissions, and venue rentals; promotion and sponsorship agreements for co-promotions, premiere sponsorships, co-branded ad-spots; product placement agreements; and influencer agreements.
• Propose and draft new contractual language for existing templates based on department policies and/or new developments in the industry.
• Facilitate workflow of assignment on assigned titles and review contracts drafted by paralegals.
• Become subject matter expert on industry-specific area, such as privacy or media buying.
• Evaluate and advise on intellectual property and content clearance issues for trailers/spots, print and online advertising, and value-added content.
• Provide counsel on industry-specific marketing issues, including COPPA, false advertising, privacy, FTC, and CPSIA.
• Provide practical risk assessment and risk reduction solutions for marketing executives regarding live publicity events/stunts, promotions and content production.
• Supervise and partner with paraprofessional staff in servicing film-specific transactions.
• Establish and cultivate business relationships with demanding clientele from multiple divisions at home office and abroad.
• Partner with Paramount lawyers in the UK and France on film-specific matters.
• Build and lead internal training sessions (e.g. COPPA compliance, IP basics) and develop new client development programs.
• Act as representative of marketing interest in negotiation of TV and Home Media Distribution deals.
• Counsel TV and Home Entertainment teams in managing relationships with partners and exercising rights with respect to marketing assets.
• Instruct and manage outside counsel on ad hoc matters.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in intellectual property, film/television production, and/or marketing law, preferably at a motion picture or television company or entertainment law firm.
• JD is a must
• Member of the California State Bar.
• Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines for tasks/assignments.
• Ability to exercise good judgment and make quick decisions.
• Excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in digital marketing and familiarity with union/guild, MPAA and AMPAS regulations This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.