Vice President, Legal Affairs Music
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This position will work on a wide variety of transactions, primarily focusing on music legal matters for all Paramount divisions, including film, animation, Paramount TV, Paramount Plus, and Worldwide TV Licensing and Home Media. The ideal candidate will have experience with the business, legal and financial aspects of film and TV production, and will have a mix of law firm and in-house experience.
• Negotiate and draft agreements with composers, music supervisors, songwriters, music publishers, recording artists, and record labels.
• Negotiate and draft music terms in agreements with film talent (e.g. actors, directors, producers) working closely with Paramount film and television attorneys and business affairs executives.
• Advise and assist marketing legal with music related matters arising in marketing campaigns.
• Partner with outside litigation counsel to manage legal claims.
• Negotiate and draft agreements for live shows based on Paramount films and television properties.
• Oversee music copyright and music rights issues with the music clearance team.
• JD and at least 7 years of relevant experience, preferably at both a major law firm and in the entertainment industry
• Admitted to the California Bar or able to qualify as Registered In-House Counsel
• Self-starter who can manage and successfully complete deals, in some cases with minimal supervision
• Strong negotiation skills
• Must be able to craft innovative, business-oriented solutions and assist in executing them
• Ability to work collaboratively, think practically, and use sound judgment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment