Vice President, Global Communications & Media Relations
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/10/2023 5:33:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Vice President, Global Communications & Media Relations jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President, Global Communications & Media Relations postings
Full Time Job
Working alongside the Head of Global Communications and Media Relations, the VP of Global Communications will help manage trade and business media relations and assist with developing and implementing strategic business and communications efforts for the studio, executive communications, and crisis/issues management. This individual will work closely with senior leadership, studio partners, and support all lines of business for Paramount Pictures as well as partner across Paramount Globalâ€™s brands, including Paramount ! Does this sound like you?
• Works with the Communications team to develop and successfully implement a comprehensive proactive & essential communication plan that reinforces Paramountâ€™s position as an industry leader and advances the companyâ€™s strategic business goals with a variety of internal and external audiences including business, general and trade media.
• Along with the Head of Communications, provide communications counsel and executive support to C-Suite, including identifying and securing appropriate speaking engagements and opportunities that position the companyâ€™s senior executives as leaders in the industry.
• Oversees day-to-day transactional media relations and box office reporting, maintaining strong relationships with business and trade reporters, to manage incoming project requests and announcements.
• Regularly serve as a spokesperson for the company.
• Supports the team to manage crises communications. Act as a key partner in reactive communications strategy.
• Write and shape key communications materials, including talking points, pitches, strategy documents, presentations, and other written materials.
• Closely collaborate with all departments across the studio to keep consistent and aligned messaging and identify new opportunities to turn into marketable stories.
• Contribute to corporate events, such as town halls, and industry events.
• Manage and mentor a proactive, strategic, resourceful media relations team.
• Travel & staff events as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelorâ€™s Degree
• 10 years related experience preferred in the media or entertainment space.
• Strong existing relationships with entertainment/business journalists.
• Extensive knowledge of the media landscape.
• Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, internet software.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strategic, proactive, collaborative, energetic, innovative problem solver with a big picture mentality.
• Knowledge of a wide range of communications experience in subject areas that may include internal communications, corporate communications, publicity, and crisis communication management.
• Passionate about the entertainment landscape with experience around building a strong narrative.
• Ability to influence across the organization and work effectively with all levels of management and staff â€'' understands that productivity and employee commitment are strongly affected by clear, ongoing, candid dialogue with all the companyâ€™s internal constituencies.
• Ability to develop and implement both strategic programs and supporting tactics.
• Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple high-pressure tasks.
• Demonstrated success in crafting a substantive and cohesive set of messages for an organization, which has been successfully communicated to key audiences and resulted in measurable difference.
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studioâ€™s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramountâ€™s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Picturesâ€™ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount .
Hiring Salary Range: $180,000.00 - 215,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.