Vice President, Film Acquisitions
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2022 4:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Vice President, Film Acquisitions jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Vice President, Film Acquisitions postings
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
Paramount Pictures is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a keen interest in the evolving landscape of content acquisition to contribute to its content pipeline for theatrical and home media distribution in domestic and international territories.
The Vice-President of Acquisitions will be charged with procuring content for intended distribution across theatrical and ancillary platforms, in domestic and international markets. They will be responsible for developing, strengthening and nurturing relationships with key content owners in the acquisitions space, including talent agents, global sales agents, independent producers/production companies and licensed property rights holders. They will report to the Executive Vice-President of Worldwide Acquisitions providing critical support in all areas related to relationship building, deal negotiation, execution and P&L management. Are you ready for this exciting opportunity? Join us today!
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Identify, curate and evaluate appropriate content for exploitation across theatrical and home media platforms
• Cultivate and manage relationships with talent agencies, sales agents, independent production companies and licensed property holders with the intention of providing a steady pipeline of content to the studio. Content opportunities include feature length films, TV series and licensed property content/series
• Participate in all aspects of negotiation, including deal term finalization and release strategy recommendation
• Use industry insights, observations and historical performance data in the preparation of preliminary financial models on a by project basis, working alongside internal finance team.
• Represent the Worldwide Acquisitions team's objectives and interests across the company on a regular basis
• Manage and evaluate content performance through internal and industry metrics with the intent of using that performance for future deal assumptions and strategy development
• Communicate and maintain a thorough understanding of market trends and industry shifts
• Coordinate and work closely with partners of newly acquired content to ensure contractual obligations and timely deliverables are met, on an as needed basis
• Serve as creative partner providing script notes, feedback on dailies/cuts and liaise with filmmakers
• Serve as a creative partner providing writer/director/cast/staffing ideas, script notes, feedback on dailies/cuts
• BS/BA degree required, MBA preferred
• 8 years of film acquisitions and/or film sales in a studio, independent film distribution or global film sales organization.
• Excellent reading and coverage skills. Shown understanding of structure, story and character development.
• Strong, established relationships with major talent agencies, sales agents and producers.
• Proven knowledge of international theatrical film markets, as well as new business models impacting the home media and digital marketplace
• Enthusiasm for movies and entertainment!
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface and collaborate with senior management and external parties
• Attend industry Buyer's screenings, as necessary
• Travel to film festivals, markets and industry conferences should be anticipated