Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Business Development, Paramount Pictures
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/17/2022 2:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Business Development, Paramount Pictures jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Business Development, Paramount Pictures postings
Full Time Job
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studioâ€™s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramountâ€™s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Picturesâ€™ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount .
The role of Senior Manager, Strategic Planning & Business Development is responsible for developing, evaluating, and implementing strategic business opportunities for Paramount Pictures. You will explore growth opportunities for our existing lines of business as well as potential new business areas. In addition, the Senior Manager will work to identify and analyze industry trends and changes.
You possess critical thinking skills as well as intense attention to detail. You are also strong with quantitative analytics and financial modeling and enjoy applying those tools in several settings. A clear proficiency in verbal and written communication is needed as you will be required to lead meetings and present to all levels in the company, including the senior executive team.
Overview & Responsibilities:
• Identify new strategic opportunities across all media and platforms on a worldwide basis, while developing viable business models and performing strategic analysis to evaluate opportunities
• Find market opportunities across territories and in new adjacent entertainment verticals that deliver value to Paramount Pictures
• Analyze key industry trends and maintain knowledge of Paramountâ€™s competitive positioning.
• Build business models to evaluate the financial and strategic costs and benefits of partnerships
• Prepare presentations and scripts to brief senior management on new opportunities and key strategic business decisions for both internal Paramount and third-parties
• Ability to drive insight from raw data and/or when evaluating unfamiliar industries/companies
• Collaborate with multiple divisions of Paramount Global on cross-company projects
• Maintain visible standing within the industry as a positive representative of Paramount Pictures
• Bachelorâ€™s degree from best-in-class business school. MBA preferred.
• We require at least 3 years experience in the media/film entertainment industry, business/corporate development, investment banking or management consulting.
• Passion for working with business partners to find opportunities, innovate, and deliver results with working knowledge of film economics and accounting
• Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
• Consulting and/or banking background/M&A experience a plus!
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Possess financial modeling and analytical abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to convey information to a variety of internal and external audiences
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work well under time constraints
• Desire to be hands-on: collaborate with teams, manipulate data, apply innovative ways, summarize and story-tell, and move the business to action
• Shown ability to ideate and complete both strategic and tactical priorities