Senior Manager, Fire & Life Safety
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/27/2023 2:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Manager, Fire & Life Safety jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Manager, Fire & Life Safety postings
Full Time Job
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studioâ€™s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramountâ€™s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Picturesâ€™ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount .
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overviews and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for ensuring that Paramount Pictures is in compliance with safety requirements, including; Cal/OSHA life safety requirements, California Fire Code and Los Angeles City Fire Department regulatory codes.
• Develop and conduct fire protection and life safety inspections of all applicable occupancies, fire protection systems, and appliances
• Interpret, advise and implement governmental rules, regulations, ordinances and codes
• Act as a liaison between governmental agencies and the Studio, as required
• Responsible for coordinating and or conducting in Regulation 4 annual inspections/testing
• Identify, keep watch on, and resolve fire life safety issues at Paramount properties
• Identify for viability and applicability fire safety programs and systems standard methodologies
• Propose corrective action plans for superseded or inefficient programs or systems
• Conduct property-wide monthly fire extinguisher inspections and maintain fire extinguisher inventory
• Build and deliver monthly fire programs and systems inspection and remediation summaries to management
• Plan, develop and coordinate the Paramount Floor Warden Program and the Paramount Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program.
• Plan and develop education deliverables and coordinate semi-annual Floor Warden training
• Expand and track department metrics
• Continuously assess the Fire Departmentâ€™s Standard Operating Procedures, Fire Systems, Fire Extinguisher Program, Floor Warden Program, CERT, and the Regulation 4 Program for the best execution and industry requirements.
• Perform accident investigations
• Be a contributing participant of Paramountâ€™s Blood-borne Pathogens team and the HAZWOPER team as necessary
• Establish and maintain working relationships with back-lot, facility, and security departments as well as third party production company personnel
• Participate in strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to, various climbing assignments and working at heights
• Perform additional assignments as requested by senior management
• Minimum 5 years emergency management, fire or environmental, health and safety experience
• Knowledge of NFPA fire protection standards
• Fire Protection Engineering Association (FPEA) Certification, preferred
• Bachelor of Science degree in Fire Science, or Environmental, Health & Safety or other related field, preferred
• Strong understanding of Emergency Planning Practices.
• Strong understanding of suppression systems and fire detection.
• Strong understanding of automated fire detection and signaling systems.
• Strong computer skills required (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
• Ability to take initiative, work independently and achieve results.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Planning, organizing, and leadership skills.
• Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
• Ability to carry out multiple assignments concurrently
• A team-oriented individual who is able to use collaboration to achieve the best result!
Hiring Salary Range: $90,000.00 - $120,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.