Paralegal, Worldwide Marketing
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This position will be responsible for drafting contracts, reviewing and clearing marketing materials and providing legal support to Paramount's worldwide marketing clients, including theatrical, television production, home media, and television licensing.
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of marketing agreements, including agreements for: marketing vendors, clip licenses, prize packages, creative content productions, contests/sweepstakes, interactive and digital services, live events, publicity and awards consultants, artwork commissions, photographer engagements, venue rentals, promotion and sponsorship agreements, product placement agreements, and influencer agreements.
• Review and legally clear creative marketing assets, including: home entertainment packaging, trailers and theatrical clips, online and social media assets, co-promotion materials, and acquisition picture materials.
• Review/analyze marketing requirements and paid advertising memorandums for film acquisition titles.
• Provide practical risk assessment and risk reduction solutions to marketing clients on industry-specific marketing issues, including COPPA, false advertising, privacy, FTC, and CPSIA.
• Establish and foster business relationships with clients from multiple divisions within Hollywood and international offices.
• Partner with Paramount lawyers in the UK and France on film-specific matters.
• Assist with ad-hoc legal, contract and rights research projects.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Paralegal Certificate from ABA credited program (preferred).
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in marketing law or entertainment law.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines for tasks/assignments.
• Strong drafting, analytical and interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; and professional business demeanor.
• Self-starter attitude and ability to exercise good judgment and make quick decisions dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Careful attention to detail and follow-through skills.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet software, social media, and online document management systems / digital legal filing systems.