Manager, Data Analytics
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a Manager, Data Analytics to enhance decision-making across the studio – from within the Theatrical Marketing department – via data exploration, analysis, and visualization. Reporting to the VP, Data Analytics and working as part of a collaborative team, this role will be responsible for establishing relationships and presenting findings to a broad range of creative, technical, and business partners. Does this sound like the role for you? Apply today! Additional responsibilities to include:
• Perform complex analyses to inform strategic prioritization, optimization, and findings for marketing and tactics and campaigns – both paid and earned.
• Support the setup of marketing and media experimentation initiatives in collaboration with key partners from across the department.
• Monitor real-time audience reactions and metrics across social, digital media, and various other audience feedback platforms to identify trends and uncover insights that help shape strategies and tactics.
• Work with key IT partners to assist with the capture, storage, and processing of the data itself.
• Track and compile industry trends, and perform competitive analyses to guide marketing and content strategies.
• Design and build new front-end dashboards and tools to help deliver insights to key partners.
• Develop trusted relationships with various partners studio-wide.
• 5 years' experience in a highly analytical environment, ideally corporate strategy, planning and/or analysis in an entertainment/digital media/consumer products or services company, top management consulting firm, investment bank or similarly demanding environment in which modeling and strategic analysis are regularly performed.
• Strong background in identifying key questions, performing quantitative analyses independently, and communicating findings in a clear and concise manner.
• Excellence in crafting, presenting, and socializing complex ideas, recommendations, and insights with an adaptable communication approach.
• Deep understanding of the social media landscape including platforms, metrics, etc.
• Demonstrable leadership and experience working in cross-functional teams.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly desired OR equivalent experience.
• Hands-on experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, specifically, a plus) as well as advanced SQL.
• Ideally 1 years of experience at an entertainment studio and/or streaming platform.
• Foundational knowledge of the MarTech/AdTech landscape.
• Experience in market research, marketing attribution, user journey mapping, user experience or first-party data acquisition.
• Working knowledge of various social analytics and audience analysis platforms (Talkwalker, ListenFirst, Affinio, Crimson Hexagon, NetBase, Sprinklr, etc.) ideal.
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.