Manager, Account Planning & Strategic Analysis, Paramount Pictures
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studioâ€™s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramountâ€™s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Picturesâ€™ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount .
A candidate who is savvy, upbeat professional for the role of Manager, of Account Planning & Strategic Analysis supporting the growth and day to day management of one of the largest physical home entertainment business partners. This role will rely heavily on your quantitative plus analytical skills to develop retailer quarterly gross revenue/consumer spend forecasts, inform product assortment decisions and help develop pricing strategies to manage product life cycle management while contributing to top line revenue and share growth at multiple physical retail accounts. Prior experience in bottoms-up planning, analysis and reporting in a SKU intensive retail environment is a strong plus.
• This position requires cross functional interaction with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations. Successful candidate will have strong analytical/problem solving skills, a passion for entertainment products, and solid written/verbal communication skills. You are able to analyze large amounts of operational data to assess and review performance of Paramount products against the both the industry and prior year. They must be proactive, well organized, detail oriented and be able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines. Experience with retailer systems data visualization tools is a strong plus (i.e. Tableau, Looker, DOMO, etc).
Overview and Responsibilities:
• We partner with Planning Lead, Sales, Brand Marketing & Operations to help develop annual revenue plans for physical retail accounts
• We regularly evaluate promotional performance and ROI - taking into consideration factors including promotion size, duration, price/discount level, assortment, competitive forces, and merchandising
• Develop weekly/monthly account specific sales reporting to track performance against retailer KPIâ€™s and profitability metrics
• Leverage retailer specific knowledge to develop future looking â€˜what ifâ€™ scenarios and help assess impact of those scenarios to the overall business
• Analyze monthly performance drivers to identify areas of risk or opportunity, and recommend plans to mitigate or accelerate those
• Demonstrate internal & external industry data to support decision making for key partners
• Craft and develop new reporting and dashboards to support forecasting, planning, and performance measurement with an eye towards improved data visualization and automation
• Other tasks as needed on an ad hoc basis
• Prior experience in long range business planning (LRP) along with analyzing customer profitability & promotional efficiency
• Solid understanding of physical retail landscape
• Passion for working with business partners to find opportunities, innovate, and deliver results
• Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
• Incredible analytic and quantitative capabilities
• Prior experience analyzing customer profitability and promotional efficiency desired
• Phenomenal communications skills with all levels of an organization and across geographies
• Possess strong analytical and organizational skills
• Proven ability to perform detailed research and to provide results
• Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast pace and changing priorities!
• At least 4 years of sales planning, strategic analysis, and/or financial planning experience
• Phenomenal Excel & PowerPoint skills (top 10%)
• Strong background in Excel, Tableau, RetailLink, Data Warehouse, & working with data sets
• Technically informed with ability to navigate enterprise systems
• Enthusiasm and curiosity about working in a fast-paced, collaborative corporate environment but with a start up mentality: highly self-directed, motivated by results and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels