Environmental, Health, & Safety Specialist
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Specialist who will be responsible for assisting the department with ensuring compliance with applicable local, state and federal EHS regulations! Are you ready to support our EHS team? Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assists with environmental health and safety programs (IIPP, COVID-19, Confined Space, In Use on Road, etc.) for compliance with company standards and associated regulations (CAL/OSHA, FED OSHA, SCAQMD, CARB, DOT, NFPA70E, etc.).
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with Backlot Departments, Facilities, Studio Fire Department, and Studio Security Department.
• Participates in strenuous physical activities relating to EHS including working outdoors, exposure to weather (hot/cold/rain), various climbing assignments, working at heights, and in crawl/confined spaces.
• Assists with permitting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with local and federal agencies both onsite and off-site locations.
• Supports requests of day-to-day EHS concerns including accident investigations and corrective actions, and conducting regular EHS inspections.
• Arranges and conducts EHS trainings, maintains records and attends facilities meetings.
• Under the direction of the EHS Director, supports LOTO program including developing machine/equipment specific LOTO procedures, maintaining and reviewing existing LOTO procedures.
• Supports all aspects of hazardous waste storage and disposal compliance including performing area inspections and waste pick-ups.
• Supports Paramount’s asbestos and lead sampling program. Assists in scheduling abatements, abatement oversight and emergency abatements as necessary.
• Maintains Paramount’s personal protective equipment inventory and inspects PPE to ensure appropriate PPE is compliant and available.
• Maintains inventory and calibration of EHS monitoring equipment.
• Supports the implementation of the safety incentive program and participates routinely in recognition and reward of employees.
• Develops, analyzes and implements Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) for processes and for machine specific equipment.
• Conducts Respiratory Fit testing.
• Conducts chemical inventories and audits the SDS database to ensure accuracy and makes adjustments as necessary.
• Participates in the CERT team and emergency response teams at the location.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 3 years experience in Environmental Health & Safety or similar field, ideally with knowledge of EHS regulations and standards.
• Able and willing to travel (locally often) and work weekends and off-hours as needed.
• Strong initiative and independent judgment in routine and emergency situations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral and written skills and an ability to effectively communicate ideas in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
• Capable of working independently without extensive direction or oversight.
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.