Director, Motion Picture Reporting
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with the entertainment industry's biggest filmmakers and brightest stars to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission: Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as A Quiet Place and Rocketman have further elevated Paramount's film legacy. On the small screen, Paramount Television Studios' Defending Jacob, 13 Reasons Why, The Haunting of Bly Manor, The Alienist: Angel of Darkness, Made for Love and Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
The Director, Motion Picture Reporting plays a key role in the controllership group and performs close responsibilities including reviewing and posting of journals, reporting, analysis and related tasks. In addition, this position manages statutory audits end to end for our international theatrical entities. This position requires coordination with other business units, external auditors, and service providers and indirectly supervises team members.
• Perform statutory account related activities including managing Audit and Statutory Deliverables, reviewing audit deliverables, perform management and administrative duties.
• Manage Sub-Distributor accounting and reporting process. Review submissions and work with staff to ensure submissions and remittances are timely and properly recorded.
• Liaise with staff to ensure all transactions related to UIP are recorded accurately. This includes all direct title revenues / costs, intercompany charges, equity, tax, reserves, and cash application.
• Perform monthly / quarterly cash reporting tasks including calculation of operating cash flows and working capital analysis.
• Serve as liaison and primary point of contact for Business Unit accounting and planning teams on use of the Cash Ledger, enabling a seamless process for Cash reporting.
• Build and maintain contacts with UIP, ViacomCBS Tax and Paramount Management. Review relevant reporting, track, and recommend adjustments as appropriate.
• Perform accounting and record-keeping functions. Review and post monthly / quarterly journal entries.
• Assist in preparation and review of reporting deliverables for ViacomCBS Corporate and Tax Groups, other divisions, and external auditors including the Earnings Book, CRC's, and Representation letters.
• Review account reconciliations and assist in analyzing balance sheet and P&L accounts.
• Ensure compliance with company and ViacomCBS policies.
• Perform ad hoc tasks as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Business or related field
• CPA preferred; Public Accounting Experience strongly preferred
• Minimum of 7 years related work experience
• Management of staff experience required
• Strong accounting skills and knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
• Ability to multitask required
• Ability to research and apply advanced financial and accounting concepts
• Must be willing to work based on Los Angeles work hours
• Experience working with SAP and Hyperion
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint