Director, Accounting Operations
Paramount PicturesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
We are looking for a Director, Accounting Operations to lead the Studio Operations Support department in key operational processes and systems for the Paramount Pictures' Studio Group division: billing, procurement, union payroll, compliance, and monthly close activities, and reports to the SVP of Finance & Planning for the Studio Group!
• Oversee the effectiveness of the financial control environment within Studio Group, ensuring compliance in all respects (including issue identification & correction)
• Ensure all monthly closing processes and tasks are performed by various departments, including posting of all closing entries, accruals, and balance sheet reconciliations
• Oversee monthly billing processes to ensure their regular, timely, and accurate preparation
• Lead Studio's procurement (P2P) efforts to ensure accurate purchase order issuance and compliance, advising and assisting operations partners
• Partner with Studio Group operating executives to identify inefficiencies or weaknesses in operating process and systems. Lead initiatives to improve processes, controls, and systems from issue identification through implementation
• Coordinate with Paramount and Viacom partners on various administrative matters (e.g., property tax, sales tax, real estate, insurance, SOX)
• Partner with IT/MTS to handle system improvements and implementations, ensuring all business needs are met and systems are developed with adequate financial controls
• Liaise with Corporate Compliance to build and maintain policies and procedures across all Studio Group businesses
• Bachelor's degree required, in Accounting/Business Administration preferred
• 10 years of professional experience in key leadership roles within corporate finance, management accounting, and controllership functions
• Familiarity with corporate accounting systems (e.g., SAP, Hyperion, Xytech, RTPro, Maximo)
• Effective ''people leader'' who demonstrates empathy, compassion, and cooperation
• Excellent time management skills and project management subject area
• Experience in operations-intensive roles (e.g., studio operations, real estate, hospitality)
• Passion for the entertainment industry!