Administrative Assistant, Publicity
Paramount PicturesHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant, Publicity West Coast - Paramount Pictures
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Senior Vice President on the National Publicity Team. This person will be responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of public relations initiatives.
to include, but not limited to:
• Provides administrative support for the Senior Vice President of National Publicity, including heavy phones, email correspondence, travel, expenses, managing executive's calendar and scheduling/coordinating meetings.
• Handles arrangements for all meetings on behalf of the executive, including booking conference rooms, creating/circulating Zoom links or dial-ins, issuing meeting requests/calendar invites, preparing agendas, keeping minutes, and resolutions for meetings as required.
• Reads and reviews all relevant film breaks for accuracy and relevancy every weekday morning; compiles and distributes film breaks memos to internal and external lists.
• Creates, maintains and updates film buckslips, one pagers, preview documents, and distribution lists (i.e. breaks/tune-ins, reviews/reactions) for all titles; liaises with production and legal as necessary to ensure all information is correct and department film slate document is up to date.
• Maintains all internal team documents with the Administrative Assistant; gathering and inputting campaign updates to calendars, timelines, status reports, etc.
• Relevant research duties as determined by the SVP and Senior Publicists, including web/social media research about talent/filmmaker media coverage, competitive releases, industry trends, etc.
• Assists with drafting filmmaker schedules and inputting grooming and transportation updates.
• Coordinates with SVP, filmmaker representatives, and glam booking agencies for filmmaker grooming and styling deals, including negotiating rates and scheduling.
• Manages invoices, PO's, and billing inquiries from publicity-related vendors (i.e. groomers, stylists, security, outside consultants/agencies, etc.); work with SVP, Senior Publicists, travel and finance to maintain budgets.
• Sets and staffs all press screenings, including working with post-production and distribution to book theaters and arrange print trafficking; distributes press screening reports and reactions to internal and external lists.
• Covers press screenings, press days, junkets, premieres, and other film-related events; handles film talent/filmmakers on-site at press days, junkets, premieres, interviews, and appearances, conventions (i.e. CinemaCon, Comic-Con, WonderCon, etc.), award shows, film festivals, and other publicity events.
• Compiles and distributes national and online reviews to internal and external lists.
• Brainstorms with publicity teams for film initiatives and fresh story ideas.
• Be knowledgeable of national print, broadcast, and online outlets and writers/hosts in LA & NY; demonstrates a strong interest in national press, media and celebrity trends and consumes them across various platforms; stays up-to-date on relevant industry-related news and coverage of Paramount films, talent and filmmakers.
• Minimum 1 year of related assistant experience
• Highly Proficient with MS software including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Ability to multitask and deliver under tight deadlines in a calm manner
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with staff, other administrators, internal and external customers and senior management
• Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple high priorities and have the ability to appropriately prioritize work and proactively anticipate and manage time efficiently
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Good relationship building skills
• Experience in Entertainment Industry a plus
• Should be familiar with a variety of industry and media concepts, practices, and procedures
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Desire to consume and learn about press, media, and entertainment industry
• Has a positive attitude and drive to contribute to both team and department