Administrative Assistant, Publicity
Paramount PicturesHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Administrative Assistant, Publicity West Coast
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the National Publicity team. This person will be responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of public relations initiatives.
to include, but not limited to:
• Provides administrative support for two Senior Publicists, including phones, email correspondence, travel, expenses, and scheduling/coordinating meetings as needed.
• Maintains all internal team documents; responsible for creating folders for all titles, gathering and inputting campaign updates to calendars, timelines, status reports, etc.
• Work with the Senior Publicists and Executive Assistant to update film buckslips and talent rep database with talent rep contact information.
• Relevant research duties as determined by the SVP and Senior Publicists, including web/social media research about talent/filmmaker media coverage, competitive releases, industry trends, etc.
• Coordinates with Senior Publicists, talent representatives, and glam booking agencies for talent grooming and styling deals, including negotiating rates, scheduling, and troubleshooting.
• Assists with drafting talent schedules and inputting grooming and transportation updates.
• Manages and tracks invoices, PO's, and billing inquiries from publicity-related vendors (i.e. groomers, stylists, security); work withSVP,Senior Publicists,traveland finance to maintain budgets.
• Arranges press travel for press junkets, premieres, and set visits.
• Manages press screening invites, rsvp lists, and check-in; assists with gathering and distributing press reactions.
• Covers press screenings, press days, junkets, premieres, and other film-related events; handles film talent/filmmakerson-site at pressdays,junkets,premieres,interviews, and appearances, conventions (i.e. CinemaCon, Comic-Con, WonderCon, etc.), award shows, film festivals, and other publicity events.
• Continually manages and updates press lists for screenings and press blasts.
• Be knowledgeable of national print, broadcast, and online outlets and writers/hosts in LA & NY; demonstrates a strong interest in national press, media and celebrity trends and consumes them across various platforms; stays up-to-date on relevant industry-related news and coverage of Paramount films, talent and filmmakers.
• Collaborates with Senior and Junior Publicists with special campaign projects as needed, including generating presentation materials, spearheading research initiatives and participating in task forces.
• Brainstorms with publicity teams for film initiatives and fresh story ideas.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum one year related experience
• Highly Proficient with MS software including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Ability to multitask and deliver in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines in a calm manner
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with senior management, talent, filmmakers and their representatives
• Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple high priorities and have the ability to appropriately prioritize work and proactively anticipate and manage time efficiently
• Good relationship building skills
• Experience in Entertainment Industry a plus
• Should be familiar with a variety of industry and media concepts, practices, and procedures
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Desire to consume and learn about press, media, and entertainment industry
• Has a positive attitude and drive to contribute to both team and department