Technical Director - Shotgrid / Shotgun
Paramount AnimationLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/10/2023 10:34:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Technical Director - Shotgrid / Shotgun jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Technical Director - Shotgrid / Shotgun postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Animation is the animated film division of Paramount Pictures. Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The iconic Paramount logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as Sunset Boulevard, The Godfather, Forrest Gump and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, and Mission Impossible. Recent innovative break-out films such as Interstellar, Arrival and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. Paramount Pictures Television's 13 Reasons Why, The Alienist and Jack Reacher have also been thrilling audiences. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount's passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount reaches 700 million global subscribers through MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and other media networks.
Technical Director (Shotgrid/Shotgun)
We are actively seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Technical Director (TD) to provide daily support to artists, show management, and department heads and to further develop a range of ShotGrid-based workflows for our production teams
The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of Autodeskâ€™s ShotGrid software, including its Python API, advanced configuration, and how to extend its baseline functionality to support new workflows.
The TD is responsible for developing, designing, and implementing pipeline tools and workflows used throughout the creative process by artists and production management. This person will provide front-line pipeline support and must be able to quickly and effectively troubleshoot general CG animation pipeline issues while operating in a fast-paced production environment. This person will be supporting artists and production crew in the Editorial, Story, Art /Design, and 3D Story/Previs/Layout departments within and across multiple productions.
The TD will serve as a curator of production ShotGrid needs and requests. The TD in this role will work closely with the other TDs and production to provide ShotGrid-based solutions for each of the production teams listed above based on their list of priorities.
A successful candidate is self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail. This is a position that requires someone who is excellent at communicating technical concepts to non technical users.
• Provide ShotGrid support and workflow enhancements for production teams.
• Provide insight and recommendations to the TDs and Production about ShotGrid best practices and optimized workflows.
• Keep informed of new ShotGrid features and evaluate their applicability to the tools and workflows used by Paramount Animation.
• Work closely with other TDs to ensure any new workflows, tools, configuration changes, or other modifications for Production play nicely with other systems that interact with ShotGrid.
• Create integrations for third-party and proprietary tools and applications.
• Provide front-line support for pipeline-related issues across all pre-production departments.
• Write and maintain tool and workflow documentation and training
• Communicate with artists to identify production facing problems.
• Provide immediate support to artists in troubleshooting assets and/or shots and publishing data to editorial.
• Gather requirements and input from artists and technology stakeholders to engineer robust and thoughtful software solutions.
• Work closely with Vendors, who are key contributors in making our high-quality films.
• Assist other TDs, artists, VFX & CG Supervisors, and Pipeline developers to extend and enhance the production pipeline.
• Construct validation tests to ensure software quality.
• Apply analytics to monitor the operations of the studio and streamline operations.
• Assist in training and mentoring of interns and contractors.
• A minimum of 2 years' experience developing ShotGrid-based tools/workflows in a production environment (or equivalent education) Advanced knowledge of ShotGrid, ShotGrid Toolkit, Maya, Photoshop, RV, Rez, Git, Jira, and Linux, Windows and MacOS platforms preferred Experience supporting pre-production workflows, such as Editorial, Story, Design, Previz, and Virtual Production preferred
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Graphics, or related field
• Expert knowledge of Python and object-oriented programming practices
• Thorough understanding of current industry techniques and technologies
• Experience developing robust user interfaces using PySide / Qt
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Exceptional verbal, written, e-social and interpersonal communication skills
• Proven ability to organize and present technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
• Excellent communications skills and comfortable speaking to different groups
• Production experience in Computer Animation, Visual Effects, or Game Industry
• Familiarity with animation tools, such as Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Syncsketch, Harmony, AVID, OCIO, OTIO, FLIX, and Storybook Pro.
• Interest in learning and applying machine learning tools.
• During our adoption of USD, provide insight into best practices, traps to avoid, and successful workflows based on prior experience (if applicable).
• Experience or interest in learning Unreal, Blender, and other virtual production tools and software.
Hiring Salary Range: $2,300.00 - 3,100.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.