Parallax StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Parallax Studios is a fast-growing entertainment production agency based in Los Angeles. Collectively, our team draws from diverse industry experience across film ideation, production and concept art. We are looking for a talented and motivated Concept Artist to work in-house designing key frames, characters, and props for our various projects.
This position is for our Los Angeles office. Starting in July, all employees will work in the office three days and remotely two days each week. All applicants must also include a link to their portfolio to be considered.
* Work as an individual contributor to provide AAA quality concept art.
* Conceptualize designs to best represent the project's intent that supports the overall art direction.
* Create a wide array of concept art for environments, characters, and props.
* Work within or help establish different types of style, including styles set by the Art Director.
* Apply strong traditional artistic skills with an expertise in composition, rendering, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural, character, and graphic design.
* Share a proactive mindset, provide creative ideas and solutions that help improve quality on the project.
* Must submit link to most recent portfolio to be considered for this position.
* Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience using Blender or comparable 3D rendering software
* Previous experience providing AAA quality concept art.
* Strong sense of visual design for characters, environments, architecture, vehicles, and weapons.
* Excellent ability to establish, effectively communicate, and maintain artistic vision for several projects at once.
* Willingness to take feedback and rework material while maintaining a fresh perspective.
* Strong ideation skills that demonstrate a firm grasp and understanding of the needs of visual arts in an interactive medium.
* Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.).
* Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, etc.).
* Preferred: Experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design tool-sets and production pipelines is a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online