Concept Art Director
Parallax StudiosLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Parallax Studios is a fast-growing creative design and entertainment studio based in Los Angeles. Collectively, our team draws from diverse industry experience across film ideation, production and concept art. We are looking for a bright go-getter to help us achieve our company goals.
We are looking for a talented, motivated and experienced Concept Art Director to oversee our team of artists and provide clear, concise direction to ensure all assets are produced at the highest quality that delivers the artistic vision to our clients.
This is a full-time position for our Los Angeles office. Employees are in-person Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday at our Los Angeles office.
All applicants must also include a link to their portfolio to be considered.
• Work with the Chief Creative Officer to provide directional feedback and support to concept art team.
• Provide clear, concise, consistent and timely visual direction, guidance and feedback across all aspects of art development.
• Conceptualize designs to best represent the project's intent that supports the overall art direction.
• Manage internal and freelance concept artists from around the world to best execute the client's creative vision.
• Own and supervise the high-quality delivery of assigned projects.
• Work as an individual contributor to provide AAA quality concept art.
• Identify and implement best practices, workflows and pipelines that pushes the quality bar for concept art.
• Support, guide and inspire the art team to deliver overall goals and projects on time.
• Mentor and help fellow artists grow artistically and professionally.
• Must submit link to most recent portfolio to be considered for this position.
• 5+ years in a lead artist or director position for a video game, film production or other creative media.
• Excellent ability to establish, effectively communicate, and maintain artistic vision for several projects at once.
• Strong ideation skills that demonstrate a firm grasp and understanding of the needs of visual arts in an interactive medium.
• Previous experience providing AAA quality concept art.
• Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.).
• Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, ZBrush, etc.).
• Preferred: Experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design tool-sets and production pipelines is a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online