Client Accounting Manager
Paradigm Talent AgencyLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Search for Client Accounting Manager jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Client Accounting Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Client Accounting Manager? Paradigm, a leading bi-coastal talent agency representing actors, writers, and directors for film, television, theatre, and digital media seeks an experienced Client Accounting Manager to work alongside our client accounting team.
Reporting to the Controller, the Client Accounting Manager will be responsible for performing and/or supervising a variety of accounting tasks including client payment processing, tracking outstanding commissions due to the agency, and preparing information necessary for the timely book to bank reconciliations.
This position requires demonstrated poise, tact, and confidentiality. Qualified candidates must possess a high level of interpersonal skills to handle varied personalities and sensitive situations. Excellent attention to detail along with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines is essential.
• Oversee all aspects of talent payment.
• Supervise processing of client checks, wires, ACHs, and positive pays.
• Review/resolve issues pertaining to incorrect payment/processing and resolve unreconciled items.
• Supervise all banking for client account and operating account.
• Supervise collection of unpaid commission from clients and buyers.
• Maintain all client, buyer, and commission participants in client accounting system.
• Liaise with Business affairs on escrow agreements, and track and oversee all escrow payments.
• Create ad hoc reports, as necessary.
• Maintain required files, reports, and data from bank and client accounting system.
• Review and maintain list of outstanding checks to ensure accuracy, report uncleared checks to state, etc.
• Proactively alert agents/assistants or clients regarding missing bookings and payments and/or problems with payments.
• Ensure capture of electronic documentation to support all transactions in client accounting system.
• Ensure proper segregation of duties throughout department.
• Ensure accurate monthly reporting and controls over Trust Account funds.
• Implement use of ''Batch-in-Balance'' processing methodology.
• Oversee client accounting team members including training of junior staff.
• Handle special projects including implementation of industry best practices throughout the talent payment process to improve existing protocols.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in Talent Payment Coordinator function
• Bachelor's degree preferred (concentration in Business Administration/Accounting)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Strong accounting and quantitative skills
• General administration expertise
• Accomplished ability to multi-task and follow through on assignments
• Knowledge of entertainment unions preferred, but not required