Attorney - Business Affairs
Paradigm Talent AgencyBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
An attorney working in the business affairs department of a talent agency supporting agents in the music division, including those in the branded entertainment department.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Branded partnership agreements: review and negotiate high-priority deals for branded performances, involving grants of rights in respect of content creation and/or capture, tour sponsorship, endorsement, and licensing.
• Tour agreements with major promoters: review and edit legal and business clauses, negotiate with legal counterparts for the promoters until contracts are finalized.
• Help department head provide guidance and oversight of junior attorney's work product, which would include letter drafting (breach, protection letters, settlement letters, C&D letters), reviewing buyer mark-ups, and negotiating legal clauses contained in lower priority branded department agreements, negotiating independent company festival terms & conditions, handling college department contracts and issues, responses to FOIA requests, etc.
• Assist the department head with identification of best practices and development of company-wide policies and processes, as well as implementation and maintenance of such practices.
• Addressing problems arising from client engagements, including cancellations, contract breaches, promoter defaults, etc.
• Review of offers and negotiation of terms & conditions templates with promoters of festivals and other types of engagements.
• Working with department head to create standard forms for company-wide use, such as letter templates and terms & conditions for engagement agreements.
• Helping department head to provide guidance to agents on a variety of matters including touring and cancellation insurance, taxation, and visas.
• Liaising with staff and third-party legal counterparts in connection with pre-litigation matters and law suit filings, including the handling of internal and external communications, document review, and negotiation and drafting of settlement agreements.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• A JD degree and 5-10 years of transactional legal experience (preferably in the entertainment industry) are required.
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle varied personalities and sensitive situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Work requires excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Additional roles may be assigned as necessary.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online