Assistant, Theatre Literary
Paradigm Talent AgencyNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Paradigm, a leading bi-coastal talent agency representing actors, writers, and directors for film, television, theatre, and digital media seeks an Assistant for one of our Theatre Literary Agents.
An Agent Assistant is responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks to provide support to the agent in all client and internal matters. The role provides the Agent Assistant a broad understanding of the entertainment industry in general and the representation business in particular. Possibility of elevation to Agent Trainee status and eventual promotion to Agent exists for top performers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Roll calls for agents and screen all incoming calls.
• Maintain call log and take detailed messages/notes.
• Set and confirm meetings for agent and clients.
• Generate script submissions for potential buyers, per the direction of the agent.
• Order scripts and/or client audio/video samples to be sent to producers/theatres, per the direction of the agent.
• Read scripts and write coverage associated with the projects his/her boss is covering.
• Keep an accurate log of all incoming submissions.
• Interact with Accounting department to track money due to clients.
• Maintain and update company databases.
• Create and maintain booking reports and contracts.
• Process New Client paperwork.
• Prepare Expense Reports and Travel Requisition forms.
• Maintain office filing as needed.
• Take on additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle varied personalities and sensitive situations.
• Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and confidentiality.
• Work requires excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Computer literacy is a must.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online