Assistant - Book Publishing
Paradigm Talent AgencyNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2020 10:46:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Assistant - Book Publishing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant - Book Publishing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant - Book Publishing? SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
Paradigm Talent Agency is seeking a highly motivated and qualified assistant to support an agent in our Book Publishing department. In addition to being organized and efficient, candidates should possess a strong understanding and interest in the entertainment industry and will be expected to thrive in a fast-paced, highly competitive and demanding environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Roll calls for agent and screen all incoming calls
• Maintain call log and take detailed messages/notes
• Set and confirm meetings for agent and clients
• Order manuscript samples to be sent to publishers, per the director of the agent
• Keep an accurate log of all incoming submissions
• Interact with Accounting department to track money due to clients
• Maintain and update company databases
• Create and maintain booking reports and contracts
• Process New Client paperwork
• Maintain office filing as needed
• Take on additional tasks and responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle varied personalities and sensitive situations.
• Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and confidentiality.
• Must be well read with ability to offer thoughtful critical analysis of material.
• Work requires excellent attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Publishing experience is a plus.
• Computer literacy is a must. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.