PantayaSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Hemisphere Media Group, Inc. (HMTV) is the only publicly traded pure-play U.S. media company targeting the high-growth U.S. Hispanic and Latin American markets with leading television, streaming and digital content platforms. Headquartered in Miami, Florida, Hemisphere owns and operates five leading U.S. Hispanic cable networks, two Latin American cable networks, the leading broadcast television network in Puerto Rico, the leading Spanish-language subscription streaming service in the U.S., a Spanish-language content distribution company and has an ownership interest in a leading broadcast television network in Colombia. Hemisphere owns and operates Pantaya, the leading Spanish-language subscription video on demand (SVOD) service in the U.S., streaming the biggest names and most popular titles in Spanish entertainment via its premium catalog of original series and top-grossing movies.
Pantaya has grown rapidly in its first three years, and the company is seeking dynamic, intellectually curious Development Coordinator to join our team. You must be passionate and aware of Latinx culture in the U.S. and/or strong interest in Spanish language programming and storytelling, reading, writing, watching movies, tv's, live stream or related content. You will solicit pitches and read/review scripts and track projects that in development and production. Understanding the US Hispanic culture and audiences is key to this role. Your bilingual skills with excellent Spanish/English fluency, with strong Spanish/English verbal and written grammar are essential!
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Development Coordinator will work to set pitches, review incoming scripts, and track projects in development and production.
• Will provide coverage, track production budgets, maintain and update content calendars, review cuts of content in production, and send notes for outlines and scripts in development.
• Work with content team and other departments to ensure delivery of information and assets between key members as needed.
• Shows demonstrable understanding of Hispanic culture and audiences.
• Is user-focused, with a passion for Spanish Language content and understands the entertainment, movie production and media industry landscape
• Experienced in managing budgets, calendars, and critical deadlines with a team to deliver timely commitments.
• Has proven ability to distill input from multiple stakeholders into detailed plans and requirements to support SVOD content landscape.
• Demonstrated ability to package and present product strategies and performance results in concise presentations.
• Plus: Experience in reviewing scrips and content submissions.
• Must be fluent in Spanish, Latinx culture in the U.S. and/or strong interest in Spanish language programming.
• Two (2) Pus years of experience in entertainment industry.
• Bachelor's Degree.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online