Billing and Accounting Specialist
Pacific Production ServicesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Downtown Los Angeles company is looking for an accounting support/data entry person to join our team in a busy environment with an excellent support team. This position has opened due to company growth and is an immediate hire, Full-Time position with benefits.
Your position is to help the accounting department maintain established accounting practices and ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations. Though experience with accounting software and all accounting practices is preferred, date entry is essential in the accounting department, including Microsoft Outlook. Individuals should have some knowledge of all AP/AR functionality in QuickBooks with excellent MS office skills and quality phone etiquette. You must be resourceful, possess strong interpersonal skills, and maintain acute organization. Have a history of loyalty and be exceptionally honest with a high level of integrity. You will be directly involved in the company's accounts payable and receivable functions, including sending and receiving check requests and invoices, with some soft collections. You must be able to verify correct information from staff and input information accurately. Confidentiality is a must. You will be required to sign a Nondisclosure Agreement is required upon hire.
· Assist with daily invoicing and accounts payable.
· Perform reconciliation on transactions.
· Interact with clients to ensure proper billing and payment.
· Assist with various clerical functions to support the department.
· Heavy data entry.
· Soft collections.
· 2+ years of accounting assistant experience preferred
· A demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple engagements and communicate directly with clients about billing and payments.
· Excellent problem-solving, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Computer skills expertise in QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier or QuickBooks Enterprise, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible for unexpected changes.
· Ability to work in a team environment as a team player.
· Some overtime, as needed.
· Associate or bachelor's degree in accounting a plus.
· Typing Skills 40 WPM+ required (typing test given before interview)
· Basic accounting test required at application.
· Monday thru Friday in downtown Los Angeles Office Only
· E-Verify & Social Security Number Verification required upon hire
· 9:00am to 6:00pm (1 hour lunch & 2-10 Minute breaks)
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Room for growth. Competitive benefits package.
PPS is the largest and most reputable film permitting agency in Los Angeles. We pride ourselves on our ability to simplify the permitting process while saving our clients time and money. The heart of our service is consultation: our coordinators get to know the needs of your project and can advise you on budgets, timelines, and locations that fit your unique needs. Our clients include COLA and LMGI Award-winning location managers and location teams. We have worked on films, TV shows, commercials, music videos, and photo shoots that have gone on to win critic and audience awards around the globe. PPS has been a Gold Level sponsor of California On Location Awards (COLA) since the beginning (1995) and a Gold Level sponsor of the Location Managers Guild International (LMGI) since its inception in 2014. PPS also supports the Motion Picture Officers Association (MPOA). When it comes to film permits, PPS' quality of service is unmatched.
Send a cover letter and resume to: Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online