Pacific Production ServicesLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Downtown Los Angeles company looking for an Assistant Accountant to join our team in a busy environment with an excellent support team. This position has opened due to company growth and is an immediate hire, Full Time position.
Your position is to help the accounting department maintain established accounting practices and ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations. Experience with accounting software and all accounting practices required, including Microsoft Outlook. Individual should have knowledge of all AP/AR functionality in QuickBooks with excellent MS office skills as well as quality phone etiquette. You must be resourceful, possess strong interpersonal skills and maintain acute organization. Must have a history of loyalty and longevity to previous employers and be exceptionally honest with a high level of integrity. Directly involved in the company's accounts payable and receivable functions including sending and receiving check requests and invoices, with some soft collections. You must be able to verify correct information from staff and input information accurately. Confidentiality is a must.
• Assist with daily invoicing and accounts payable.
• Perform reconciliation on transactions.
• Interact with clients to insure proper billing and payment.
• Assist with various clerical functions to support the department.
• Data entry.
• Soft collections.
• 3+ years of accounting assistant experience.
• Strong technical skills pertaining to full-charge bookkeeping.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• A demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple engagements and communicate directly with clients about billing and payments.
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer skills expertise in QuickBooks Pro, QuickBooks Premier or QuickBooks Enterprise 2017, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible for unexpected changes.
• Ability to work in a team environment as a team player.
• Some overtime during busy season.
• Associate or Bachelor degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Monday thru Friday
• 9:00am to 6:00pm with a 1-hour lunch
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Sick pay
• 35,000.00 to 40,000.00 depending on experience
PPS is the largest and most reputable film permitting agency in Los Angeles. We pride ourselves on our ability to simplify the permitting process while saving our clients time and money. The heart of our service is consultation: our coordinators get to know the needs of your project and can advise you on budgets, timelines, and locations that fit your unique needs. Our clients include COLA and LMGI Award-winning location managers and location teams. We have worked on films, TV shows, commercials, music videos, and photo shoots that have gone on to win critic and audience awards around the globe. PPS has been a Gold Level sponsor of the California On Location Awards (COLA) since the beginning in 1995 and a Gold Level sponsor of the Location Managers Guild International (LMGI) since its inception in 2014. PPS also supports the Motion Picture Officers Association (MPOA). When it comes to film permits, PPS' quality of service is unmatched.
If you're this person, aren't afraid of hard work and want to join a team to grow with, we have a home for you.
Send cover letter and resume Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online