Vice President Of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
Full Time Job
The Vice President of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for Pacers Sports & Entertainment will lead the development and implementation of proactive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives that align with the company's strategic goals to create and champion a climate that is inviting, respectful and free from discrimination, intolerance and harassment. This position will focus on initiatives of diversity, a culture of inclusion, and will be responsible for executing DEI strategies, metrics, processes and programs. The VP of DEI will be passionate about attracting and developing top talent resulting in a more diverse workforce. This leader will work closely with the entire leadership team, the Inclusive Excellence Action Committee (IEAC), and other internal decision-makers to implement a wholistic, impactful and sustainable DEI strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work in conjunction with the IEAC, Ownership and Senior Leadership to develop, update and implement the DEI strategic plan.
• Provide strong leadership in leading overall DEI strategies and execution for PSE, driving action across all areas and levels in the company, including:
• Culture and Values
• Create and expand our initial strategic roadmap for DEI initiatives into a robust plan that aligns with our goals.
• Cultivate a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion through innovative programs and initiatives that build awareness, partnerships and capabilities across the organization while enhancing both the employee and candidate experience.
• Hiring and Promotion Equity
• Partner with Human Resources to create a detailed plan to identify and recruit top diverse talent at all levels to drive innovation and performance.
• Collaborate with Human Resources to develop and implement a talent management framework to identify and groom diverse high-performing employees that aligns with organizational retention and promotional practices.
• Engage with various organizations and individuals to communicate PSE culture, values and commitment to DEI and work to further elevate PSE as employer of choice among diverse candidate pools.
• Engagement and Retention
• Serve as a member of the IEAC and provide guidance to the committee members.
• Develop opportunities to connect with and engage recently recruited and hired employees in the community.
• Identify critical metrics and develop an approach to assess progress, achievement and accountability within the organization.
• Work with HR and Customer Insights to measure the impact and effectiveness of DEI initiatives and the overall impact on culture and the employee experience.
• Implement and execute an ongoing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging organizational wide assessment to identify gaps and areas of continued development.
• Learning and Development
• Provide subject matter expertise, coaching and education with our executive and senior leadership team to align the organizational strategy to advance functional and key business outcomes.
• Develop a framework for Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and utilize and promote these internal affinity groups to strengthen employee collaboration and support.
• Establish short and long term DEI L&D programs in conjunction with HR, to enhance learning and listening around DEI topics and ensure continued reinforcement of a culture that encourages employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
• Establish other programs that enhance learning and connections throughout the organization (such as mentorship programs as an example).
• Diversified Partnerships
• Strategically align with outside organizations to help augment our DEI strategy and create ground-breaking thought leadership.
• Manage key non-political community relationships with an emphasis on collaborating with other appropriate internal leaders and teams to advance the organization's brand as it relates to social responsibility, community partners, and diversity programs.
• Maintain awareness of local social, community, civic, political, and governmental landscape and impacts in relation to PSE and help the organization plan, react and interact positively in relation to that landscape
• Supplier and Vendor Relations
• Build and establish relationships in both the professional sports world and business communities to create learning and development, employee engagement, and retention opportunities.
• In partnership with Purchasing/Procurement/Finance and leadership, identify and discover MWBE vendors and assist in the development of a pipeline of diverse suppliers who can capably meet the needs of our business.
• In conjunction with Purchasing/Procurement/Finance and others, implement policies, processes, technology, communication, and training to ensure identification, qualification and inclusion of diverse suppliers.
• Develop and execute an outreach strategy to build extensive diverse supplier relationships and create internal and external networking opportunities to connect diverse suppliers with business partners.
• General Responsibilities
• Partner with internal and external partners, leaders and employees to enhance and amplify social responsibility and community engagement efforts.
• Provide support, as necessary, to all departments including but not limited to Business Operations, Basketball, and Facilities/Events.
• Work with Facilities, Marketing, Sales and others to ensure all fans feel welcome and experience an inclusive environment at all events.
• In conjunction with senior leadership, formulate and implement company policies, objectives and programs.
• Deal with complex factors not easily evaluated and make decisions and recommendations based on situations for which there may be little precedent.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires a results-oriented person with a proven record of engaging, inspiring, and driving to achieve positive and enduring results.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B.A) from a four-year college or university and 10 years of experience planning, designing and delivering programs and practices related to DEI issues in a complex environment including at least five years of relevant director-level experience in a medium-large organization. Preference will be given to individuals with experience and understanding of the Indianapolis and Indiana community. This position must have a proven and positive track record and ability to establish strong relationships both within the business, and with a variety of external decision-makers.
A proven track record of strategic leadership in planning, developing, evaluating and implementing diversity strategies designed to strengthen and improve an equitable and inclusive environment. Must be able to not only strategize but also have strong skills in organization, time management and attention to detail. Deep understanding and strong application of the concepts related to diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as organizational structures that impact the implementation and management of effective change effor