Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
Part Time Job
This position serves patrons attending events at Bankers Life Fieldhouse and sets the tone for the high standards and quality service we provide to all guests and required as an employee of PSE. This position also helps to maintain a fan-friendly environment while ensuring the safety of our guests. This position will achieve these goals by greeting guests, scanning tickets, providing directions, reporting issues, and upholding policies of the company in a friendly and professional manner. We can't wait for you to join ''The Team Behind the Team!''
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are examples of the various functions required of the position. The job requirements are not limited to the items listed:
• Proactively engage guests arriving and leaving the event in a professional, passionate, outgoing and friendly manner utilizing ''ELEVATE'' principals.
• Submit calendar of availability to Scheduling General Supervisor so finalizing of schedule can be done well advance of the next month.
• Scan and verify appropriate ticket for each event and troubleshooting invalid tickets.
• Ensure fans are seated and granted access to the appropriate areas of the venue. This involves checking tickets of patrons and credentials for staff throughout their shift as appropriate.
• Assist patrons during ingress by welcoming and guiding to the general section of their seats. Greeters will normally work for a minimum 3 hours per event.
• Direct fans to their seats efficiently and without delay or confusion.
• With training, understand the basics of ADA in a public facility.
• Walk the steps of assigned section throughout the event based on attendance and length of the event.
• Operate elevator as needed.
• Supervise crowd for behavior inconsistent with WNBA/NBA Fan Code of Conduct and building policy and report/intervene when appropriate.
• Remain alert and report excessive alcohol consumption and noncompliance with building alcohol policies.
• Must have knowledge of assigned physical area and be alert to potential concerns (rude/inappropriate behavior, spills, unattended bags, etc.).
• Participate in training & continuing education as provided by PS&E to maintain current with needs of position.
• Assist with emergency response being aware of PSE emergency procedures and assisting with emergency evacuations as needed.
• Process event and incident reports as needed, reporting all incidents to Usher Supervisor.
• Perform duties consistent with PS&E goals, objectives, and mission statement.
• Assist with distribution of promotional materials as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job optimally, the individual should be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED required; some college useful. Talent is expected to maintain an outstanding knowledge of ticketing, seating, event specific procedures. Talent must also maintain a solid understanding of the arena's emergency, evacuation plans and policies/procedures to ensure that guest can execute them.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must collaborate with various internal and external constituents to solve problems and deliver projects on time with accuracy, integrity and with outstanding customer service.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to optimally perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, move heavy objects, use a computer, use a 10-key calculator, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate and the noise level in the Fieldhouse / game environment is usually loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.