Spring Intern - Basketball Operations
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2023 1:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Spring Intern - Basketball Operations jobs in Indianapolis-IN
Search all Spring Intern - Basketball Operations postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Internship Term: Spring 2024 (January - April)
Internship Location: On-Site in Indianapolis, IN
Anticipated Time Commitment: approximately 40 hours per week
Pacers Sports & Entertainment is seeking a Basketball Operations Intern that is highly motivated, organized, and passionate about basketball. Experience in the sports industry is not required but is a plus. The Basketball Operations Intern will work directly with the Indiana Pacers Basketball Operations department to assist the basketball division with daily administrative duties, including but not limited to: compiling and distributing daily news briefs, picking up and delivery express mail packages, sorting mail, stocking supplies, keeping departmental logs, assisting with draft and free agency, entering data into the personnel database, helping prepare for Pacers games and future seasons, maintaining magnets/lists on conference room boards, as well as additional duties as assigned by the Basketball Operations staff. This position will report directly to the Coordinator of Basketball Operations and is primarily responsible for assisting the Operations/Administration, Executive and Scouting departments, while some projects will require the intern to work with other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with administrative needs (i.e. scheduling, mail distribution, filing, distributing supplies, assembling jobs, generating daily reports, and other assignments to ensure daily operations in the basketball facility run smoothly.)
• Assist with executive needs (i.e. escorting guests, transporting of players, travel arrangements, restocking cabinets, etc.)
• Assist the scouting department with schedule planning, draft preparation, and gathering background intel.
• Help maintain the integrity of the basketball division's data including daily and periodic cleaning, maintenance, updating, and management of scouting databases.
• Assist other departments as needed - Training, Player Relations, Coaching, Video, etc.
• May be required to operate a company vehicle in order to complete miscellaneous internship tasks (a valid driver's license is required) such as picking up lunch orders, dropping off projects, transporting players to and from doctors' appointments, etc.
• Nurture internal & external reporting procedures to back up the Basketball Operations Department.
• Foster strong communication techniques and relationships primarily with the Basketball Division staff in all positions.
• Periodically assist department staff on game day duties as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Enrolled in a college or university program as a junior, senior, or graduate student.
• Excellent and positive attitude with an outstanding work ethic.
• Ability to work on projects independently and maintain confidential information.
• Vast knowledge of basketball and daily operations of a sports entity.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, and ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a timely manner, while communicating with your supervisor often.
• Willing and able to work a flexible schedule.
• Ability to maintain a professional image at all times in the workplace.
• Organization skills with a robust attention to detail in regards to both checking data and visual presentation of project deliverables.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Meaningful work experience in sports.
• Familiarity with the NBA and a passion for basketball.
To perform this job as effectively and efficiently as possible, an individual must carry out each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above represent the knowledge, skill and ability we require of this intern position.
Comprehensive understanding of Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Photoshop, Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite products (Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel), and the Internet. Ability to learn and utilize new computer programs quickly and efficiently. Previous experience working with software like Synergy.com, RealGM.com, and/or the NBA League Office portal (i.e. PCMS, Team Apps, etc.) is helpful but not required.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and communicate findings in an organized and easy to understand summary. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to deal with various internal and external constituents to tackle problems and deliver projects on time with accuracy, integrity, and with outstanding customer service and a positive energy.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to optimally perform the job requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these critical duties and tasks.
While fulfilling tasks related to the internship, the intern is regularly required to sit at a desk for extended periods of time, stand, walk, climb stairs, be able to exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, use a computer, use a telephone, speak, hear, and write.
While performing the required tasks duties as the intern, the noise level in the office work environment is usually low to moderate, while the Fieldhouse during a game is typically loud. The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.