Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
Full Time Job
Pacers Sports & Entertainment Receptionist
This position answers the switchboard which is the main telephone number for Pacers Sports & Entertainment, greet visitors coming into the office for meetings with Pacers Sports & Entertainment employees who work on the 4th floor of the St. Vincent Center and performs light typing and other miscellaneous clerical duties daily. This position sets the tone for the high standards and quality service we provide to all guests of the St. Vincent Center, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, and Pacers Sports & Entertainment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
Include the following, but not limited to:
• Answer switchboard during business hours, respond to callers' requests and refer callers to appropriate employee in a polite and friendly manner.
• Greet and welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner with excellent customer service to administrative office during business hours and provide appropriate information.
• Maintain reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
• Provide an overall welcoming and inviting environment to guests on the phone and to employees.
• Must have excellent communication skills, professional demeanor and strong customer service presence when dealing with callers, visitors, and employees.
• Must have the flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Perform all job duties with Pacers Sports & Entertainment goals, objectives, and mission statement.
• Assist with emergency response being aware of Pacers Sports & Entertainment emergency procedures as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires individuals that have a genuine passion about caring for staff and guests.
• Must be available to work Monday-Friday from 8:00am-6:00pm.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 2-3 years of relevant experience in an office environment
• Strong phone skills
• Strong customer service skills and focus
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports.
• Ability to write reports and correspondences.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Manager, Clients, Customers, and the public.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret oral and written directions as well as building maps.
• Ability to manage stress and defuse potentially stressful situations.
• Ability to work well with patrons from varied backgrounds.
PHYSCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
• Use computer
• Use telephone
• Use radio
• Speak, hear, read, and write
• Present with poise, influence, and professionalism
Employee should have a proficient working knowledge of and a high level of competency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint & Windows. Required to use PSE approved technology based on position and business needs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the office work environment is usually low.
• The noise level in Bankers Life Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
• The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.