Human Resources / Payroll Coordinator
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
This was removed by the employer on 3/4/2021 9:15:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Human Resources / Payroll Coordinator jobs in Indianapolis-IN
Search all Human Resources / Payroll Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Human Resources / Payroll Coordinator? Summary:
This position provides administrative and HR support for the entire PSE HR department and is a front-line resource for PSE employees. The successful candidate must have excellent communication, customer service and organization skills, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and be self-directed. Excellent prioritization, planning, and relationship building skills are also required. To succeed in this position, the candidate should embrace and adapt to new and changing technology and be a self-starter who can see projects through to completion. Confidentiality and use of discretion required. This position will be required to complete ongoing support work while also learning and tackling new projects and duties. This individual should thrive in a fast paced, positive, collaborative environment. This role will touch all aspects of HR and projects extending beyond HR may also be assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assist with recruiting and onboarding for all employees full and part time.
• Post jobs and respond to external applicants, schedule interviews, assist with reference checking, facilitate background check process and new hire paperwork.
• Responsible for processing/inputting new hires and terminations (with the exception of NBA/WNBA players), into our company system (ADP) for all company codes.
• Assist with payroll and learn system/processes to be a back-up for payroll processing.
• Deliver top notch customer service and demonstrate company ''Elevate'' culture in all interactions with employees and partners within and outside the company. Handle issues and requests in a positive, professional, and confidential manner. Serve as an ambassador for all HR and company programs to positively impact and reflect our culture.
• Maintain department filing system, I-9 files and support compliance for entire department.
• Pay and track all HR bills in a timely manner, ensure all back up is supported. Track expenses vs. budget and communicate variances to VP/SVP and assist with budget preparation.
• Assist with worker's compensation record keeping and tracking/bill paying. Assist and support our Director of Risk Management, key Basketball staff and others, complying with all workers compensation record keeping/postings per OSHA, etc.
• Assist with managing the relationship with occupational health clinic(s) to ensure we have the best service (24/7) and best cost in all markets (including G League).
• Assist with audits and filing compliance paperwork for 401K, Workers Comp and benefit plans.
• Responsible for establishing key departmental reports and ensuring these reports are accurate and scrubbed. Pull reports monthly and as needed to establish ongoing tracking for things like headcount, demographics, turnover and other metrics by company and by department. Generate other ad hoc reports as needed.
• Process all garnishments and interrogatories for the department. Must be timely and accurately.
• Handle all unemployment inquiries promptly and provide follow-up information/documentation as needed.
• Support part time and event focused employees and work a flexible schedule that could include some evening/weekend events or meetings.
• Have detailed understanding of the company handbook, benefit programs and other policies and programs.
• Assist the HR Team with all HR responsibilities and overflow work. Be willing to step in when needed to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Support PSE's team culture by providing inter-departmental support when needed. This support could include chipping in with projects, essential needs, or events to ensure the company is successful. This support may involve working evenings or weekends.
• Other Duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily will require on site work but there will be some flexibility to work remotely at times.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
4-year university degree, or equivalent, plus 1-3 years HR related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. HR certification(s) a plus. Experience learning and adapting to new technologies and commitment to continuous learning required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required; ability to connect with employees at all levels and interact effectively with internal and external partners effectively both in writing and verbally.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as analyzing costs, figuring statistics, interpreting governmental forms, developing spreadsheets and tracking data to support compliance and improve processes.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions. Ability to adapt, adjust and problem solve continuously to achieve consistent positive outcomes.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
Employee must be able to make independent decisions when giving directions and advice to management and employees. Employee must exercise discretion and independent judgment when receiving confidential payroll and personnel information. Employee must be aware of insurance and disability policies as well as other potential Human Resource laws and requirements. This position must be able to review data, understand details but also be able to draw conclusions from data and make recommendations.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
• Speak in public
• Use telephone
• Use computer
• Speak, hear and write
• Attend in person meetings
• Collaborate on site with members of your team and other departments/employees throughout the company
Employee should have excellent computer skills including a very solid knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Windows, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and TEAMs. Experience using ADP, or other HRIS/Payroll Software a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
• The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
• The stress level may become high during certain times. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.