Guest Services Staff
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
Part Time Job
Guest Services Staff (Part-Time)
Guest Services employees are responsible for the overall guest experience for Bankers Life Fieldhouse during all events. This guest experience sets the tone for the high standards and quality service we provide to all guests of Bankers Life Fieldhouse and Pacers Sports & Entertainment. Guest Services employees are individuals who have a genuine passion about the care of all guests. Ideal candidates are individuals who want to provide a world-class experience to all guests, have a happiness for helping others and enjoy creating memorable moments!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are examples of the various functions required of the role. The job requirements are not limited to the items listed:
• Proactively engage with guests in a professional, hardworking, outgoing, and friendly manner utilizing our ''ELEVATE'' principles.
• Be knowledgeable about all aspects of both the building as well as all entities of Pacers Sports & Entertainment.
• Be knowledgeable and able to assist with questions on all events occurring at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
• Field questions and address inquiries related to ADA needs. Ensure you understand the basics of ADA in a public facility and can assist guests with those needs as they arise.
• Address, respond, and resolve concerns during and after each event while upholding the highest standard of guest service.
• Prioritize all Lost & Found items recovered during events.
• Assist with emergency response, being aware of Pacers Sports & Entertainment emergency procedures as needed.
• Perform all job duties with Pacers Sports & Entertainment goals, objectives, and mission statement.
• Attend all required annual training including: First Aid/CPR/AED training and Kulture City Sensory training.
• Assist with monitoring events in the Fieldhouse Command Center.
• Become knowledgeable of our Sensory and Nursing Mothers Rooms, and other services specific to Guest Services offered to guests attending events at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
• Other duties as assigned.
GAME AND EVENT NIGHT SCHEDULING EXPECTATIONS:
Most of the shifts will be dependent on the events taking place at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The approximate number of game nights worked for Pacers season will range between 20-40, while the estimated number of Fieldhouse events will be between 25-50. Some months will be busier than others, so schedule flexibility is important.
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, holidays, and weekends.
• Approximate number of hours worked per week: 0-25 (dependent on Bankers Life Fieldhouse game/event schedule).
• Must be available to work 75% of events in a calendar year.
• Ability to arrive for shift 2.5 hours before the start of the game or event.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent; some college helpful but not required.
• Employees should possess proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & Windows, as well as the basic knowledge of operating a phone, radio, computer, and iPad.
To perform this job an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Ideal candidates should be outgoing, calm, have a personable demeanor, and actively interact with people in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should also maintain a professional, clean, and organized appearance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. This position requires individuals that have a genuine passion about caring for staff and guests.
• A strong command of the English language.
• Bilingual favorable, but not mandatory.
• ASL (sign language) useful, but not vital.
• Ability to read, interpret, and take directions.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Comprehension of and a high level of proficiency with technology.
• Be punctual and present for each work shift in appropriate professional attire as specified during training.
• Ability to be a good listener and quick learner.
• Clearly communicate information effectively and authoritatively and respond to questions in a timely manner.
• Ability to interpret oral and written directions as well as building maps.
• Ability to handle stress and defuse potentially stressful situations in a calm tone.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Collaborate with other employees to champion strong teamwork.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to work well with patrons and co-workers from varied backgrounds.
• Maintain an excellent understanding of the building 's emergency, evacuation plans and policies/procedures to ensure that guests can execute them.
• Willingness to have an adjustable schedule based on the changing priorities of the position and department.
• Passion for concerts, sporting, and family events.
• Anticipate all guest needs and be proactive in engaging with guests.
To meet the expectations of this position effectively, an individual is required to satisfactorily complete each duty. The basic duties include: Employees should know how to present with poise, influence, and integrity. Employees should understand how to interpret crowd dynamics and can visually interpret their physical surroundings.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to reliably execute the fundamental functions of this role. Sitting and standing for long periods of time are regular duties of this position. Additional duties may require, walking, reaching, lifting, and may include exposure to loud noises. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to work a flexible schedule including events which occur on nights/weekends and some holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
All applicants for identified part time positions at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Exemptions will be considered for applicants who receive a conditional offer and who are unable to get the vaccine due to medical or religious reasons.