Pacers Sports and EntertainmentIndianapolis, IN
Part Time Job
Fan Ambassador (Part-Time)
The Fan Ambassador is in charge of passionately and proactively helping and engaging with our guests inside Bankers Life Fieldhouse during games and events. Team members will have a higher learning knowledge of the building and the events that take place inside the building. This position will be tasked with assisting guests with making their experience as flawless as possible from the moment they arrive by displaying enthusiasm, happiness, and passion for our fans while providing clear and concise responses! Ideal candidates are individuals who want to provide a world-class experience to all guests, have a joy for helping others and building memorable moments!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are examples of the various functions required of the role. The job requirements are not limited to the items listed:
• Proactively engage and interact with guests in a professional, passionate, positive, outgoing, and friendly manner utilizing ''ELEVATE'' principles.
• Be knowledgeable about the building as well as all entities of Pacers Sports & Entertainment.
• Be well informed and able to assist with all questions and directions throughout the entire duration of an event at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
• Seek out, acknowledge and resolve concerns and feedback related to event information while consistently providing the highest level of genuine guest service.
• Actively listen to questions about event related programs such as pre-game viewings, upgrades, merchandise meet and greets, etc.
• Direct restroom and concessions lines in a friendly manner, as needed, to shorten guest waiting times to improve efficiency.
• Promote a safe, enjoyable and memorable experience by proactively identifying and reporting inappropriate behavior, safety risks or medical situations to the appropriate person or department.
• Field questions and address issues about mobile ticketing such as mobile entry at the ticket scanning locations, accessing tickets, accepting tickets, transferring tickets, etc.
• Knowledge of all aspects of mobile ticketing and related apps including the Pacers app, Fever app and Ticketmaster app.
• Assist our guests with the Mobile Wallet access and questions to allow for a seamless experience at concession stands and merchandise stores.
• Help increase mobile app usage by encouraging guests to explore all the features of the apps.
• Assist with emergency responses by being knowledgeable of emergency procedures and processes.
• Perform all job duties with Pacers Sports & Entertainment goals, objectives, and mission statement.
• Attend all required training that occurs annually to continually improve customer service skills and building knowledge.
• Attend First Aid, CPR and AED training provided by company each year to increase safety skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
GAME AND EVENT NIGHT SCHEDULING EXPECTATIONS:
Most of the shifts will be dependent on the events taking place at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Some months will be busier than others, so schedule flexibility is critical.
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights, holidays, and weekends.
• Approximate number of hours worked per week: 0-25 (dependent on game/event schedule)
• Approximate number of game nights worked per Pacers season: 20-40
• Approximate number of Fieldhouse events worked per year: 25-50
• Available to work 75% of events in a calendar year
• Ability to arrive for shift 2.5 hours before the start of the game or event
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
At least 1 year of Customer Service or related experience. Bachelor's Degree (BA or BS) or current student pursuing a degree in Business, Technology, Communications, Sport Management, Hospitality, or related field required. Experience working in a fast-paced environment. Prior ticketing experience or knowledge is preferred, but not required.
To perform this job efficiently, an individual is required to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Outgoing, calm, and personable demeanor – actively interact with people and work in fast-paced environment.
• Solid understanding of and a high level of competency with technology.
• Maintain a professional, clean, and organized disposition.
• Be punctual and present for each work shift in appropriate professional attire as specified during training.
• Ability to be a good listener and quick learner.
• Ability to communicate information optimally and expertly and respond to questions in a timely manner.
• Ability to interpret oral and written directions as well as building maps.
• Ability to handle stress and defuse potentially stressful situations in a calm tone.
• Solid organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Collaborate with others to foster strong teamwork.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Ability to work well with patrons and co-workers from varied backgrounds.
• Maintain a superior knowledge of ticketing, seating, and event specific procedures.
• Maintain a phenomenal understanding of building 's emergency, evacuation plans and policies/procedures to ensure that guest can execute them.
• Willingness to have a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the position and department.
• Passion for concerts, sporting, and family events.
• Anticipate all guest needs and be proactive in engaging with guests.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands listed below are those that must be met by an employee to successfully accomplish the responsibilities of this job. While performing the duties of this role the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand for long periods of time (3-6 hours per event)
• Be exposed to loud noise
• Use a telephone
• Use a radio
• Present with poise, influence, and professionalism
• Interpret crowd dynamics
The work environment characteristics described here are those conditions an employee encounters during a shift.
• The noise level in the Fieldhouse/game environment is usually loud.
• The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.