Fall Intern - Ticketing & Game Operations
Pacers Sports and EntertainmentFort Wayne, IN
This was removed by the employer on 8/31/2022 5:22:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Intern - Ticketing & Game Operations jobs in Fort Wayne-IN
Search all Fall Intern - Ticketing & Game Operations postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
The Ticketing & Game Operations Intern will assist the marketing and game operations departments with hands-on projects, events, and other activities to gain valuable experience in the sports industry while earning college credit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support Business Relations Manager with various tasks including, but not limited to, coordinating donation baskets, gifts for prospects and clients
• Assist with mascot appearances
• Attend sales meetings with the Business Development team
• Continually bring ideas and initiatives to management that uncover new business opportunities and increase ticket related revenues
• Cold calls to organizations and individuals to set meetings for new group sales
• Provide unsurpassed customer service for various matters during games and normal business hours
• Game day responsibilities include:
• Contribution with the set up and break down of the Coliseum which includes but is not limited to: information booth, seat backs, lobby signage, box seat signage, kids zone inflatables etc.
• Assist at the information booth as needed
• Help coordinate on-court promotions and fan experiences, including but not limited to: communicating via headset throughout game, writing/reviewing game scripts, finding contestants.
• Thank fans for attending as they depart
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be a junior or senior enrolled in college, earning college credit
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Desire to work in the professional sports industry
The ability to read, analyze, and interpret instructions and reports is necessary. In addition, one should be able to write reports and correspondence. One is also required to act appropriately in a business setting and effectively communicate with co-workers, clients and the general public.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must be a junior or senior enrolled in college, earning college credit. Sport Management or Business major preferred. Must be detail oriented, have an interest in sales and a good work ethic.
Ability to communicate effectively (oral & written) with all types of clients, co-workers, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively under pressure and when working under a deadline.
Knowledge to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as analyzing costs, making change, and figuring statistics.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret directions and technical diagrams.
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
When dealing with prospects, clients and customers, employee must show discretion when making recommendations on seating, package decisions, pricing, etc.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
• Move heavy objects
• Use computer and telephone
• Speak, hear, write
• Work very long and unusual hours
• Be exposed to loud noises
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the Coliseum/game environment is usually loud.
• The weather conditions during outside events can vary
• The stress level may become high during certain times of the year.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All applicants for internships at Pacers Sports & Entertainment are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Interns who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment.